Sort by: dropdown in Itemized Category report is unpopulated.

Options

Quicken Business & Personnel b55.26. In creating an Itemized Category report: Reports / Spending / Itemized Categories, the Sort by: dropdown is unpopulated containing zero sort by fields. Feels like I'm back to beta testing.

Comments

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure what is happening.

I am also using Business & Personal and on version 55.26 but in my case, the Sort by drop-down is populated as normal.

Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Joe_Sykes
    Joe_Sykes Member ✭✭
    Options

This is happening when in the old customize user interface for reports as opposed to the early access newer interface. This appears to be a bug. It also happens with other old interface report windows when attempting to customize. For example: Reports / Banking / Transaction.

• Joe_Sykes
    Joe_Sykes Member ✭✭
    Options

Screenshots:

Old interface

Early access new user interface

• Joe_Sykes
    Joe_Sykes Member ✭✭
    Options

I found the culprit bug causing the Sort by: and Organization dropdowns to become unpopulated in the older CUSTOMIZE report interface. It's in the reports and graphs preferences. If the box next to "Customize report/graph before creating" is checked the bug occurs. If the box is not checked in this option, the drop downs are populated as expected.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I see the same thing. Continuing to open the report clears it up if you then return to the customize dialog.

Good news, though, is that you've found something that early access appears to have fixed!

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Joe_Sykes
    Joe_Sykes Member ✭✭
    Options

@Bob_L thanks for confirming!

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I reported this issue almost two months ago without any response at all.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was getting the same thing, no "Sort by" options.

Then, when testing something else, I changed the Payee option to "No Payee" and viewed the report. No applicable transactions, as I was hoping.

So, I selected All Payees and went back to the "Customize/Display" page … and VOILA, the Sort by option was populated.

Very strange.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.