Trouble with Capital One downloads-Have to 'Reauthorize'

Options
lablover57
lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭

Problem just popped up this morning. Capital One Bank - New is asking you to reauthorize. Select 'Reauthorize' and follow the prompts to restore Quicken account access. (FDP-350). Tried to create new and still have the same error.

Quicken User since the DOS days...

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lablover57,

To troubleshoot this issue, if selecting "Reauthorize" does not work, please backup your Quicken file, then deactivate all of the Capital One accounts in your Quicken file. You can use Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts to verify that you have all Capital One accounts, including any hidden ones, deactivated (if Quicken thinks an account is connected, it will show a financial institution name in the financial institution column of that window). Once you have all Capital One accounts in that file disconnected, then please go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts, making sure to carefully re-link your accounts.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just tried to re-authorize. I had to do it like 5 times. Finally, was able to download transactions. Going to think long and hard about renewing subscription at the end of the year.

Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to download transactions.

What was going wrong when you were trying to re-authorize? Were you getting any error messages/error codes? Was there anything you did differently the last time that got it to finally connect?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.