How do I delete memorized payees from Mobile Quicken for iOS?

Options

I asked this same question back in 2021, and see that Quicken still has not come up with a way to delete memorized payees from the iOS Quicken Classic mobile app. Why do I have a huge long list of memorized payees on my iPhone but a different, much shorter list on my desktop app? Is there some way I can stop the mobile app from memorizing payees? When I sync from my desktop app, is Quicken supposed to sync the two lists of payees making them the same? If so, this is does not happen. In fact, what happens is that when I create a new payee on the mobile app, then sync, that payee shows up on the memorized payee list on the desktop app, even though I have unchecked "Automatically memorize new payees" in data entry preferences on the desktop app. And that new payee is added to the huge list of memorized payees in the mobile app. To try and get rid of the list of payees on my mobile app I have reset my cloud account, I have deleted my cloud account and re-synced with no luck. I have even deleted the mobile app from my phone and reinstalled it, thinking that would wipe out the payee list. But no luck again. The huge long payee list continues to exist and take up real estate on my phone. Can someone please tell me why this is, how Quicken syncing is supposed to work with the memorized list of payees, and how I can get delete some or all of the payees on my Quicken mobile app?

Answers

• Steve McKeever
    Steve McKeever Member ✭✭
    Options

And now I see that the list of memorized payees on the mobile app (Settings>Rules>Memorized Payees) is not the list I am frustrated with. It is the huge long list of payees that shows up on the mobile app when entering a transaction and then "clicking" (touching) the Payee field. A "Search Payee" window shows up and below it is a list of literally thousands of payees to select from. How can I delete / edit this list?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Steve McKeever,

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steve McKeever
    Steve McKeever Member ✭✭
    Options

here’s a screenshot of the list of Payees I want to delete. This window with the list pops up when I touch “Payee” when entering a transaction. I am using an iPhone with the latest iOS installed & the most up to date version of the Quicken Classic mobile app.

• home389@mac.com
    home389@mac.com Member
    Options

same here. Just can’t get rid of the the list of payees