PNC Direct Connect and Quicken Cloud

Options
bbrake64
bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭

My PNC Accounts had been connecting with Direct Connect then got accidentally switched to Web Connect+ due to a known issue that is now fixed. Now my accounts are finally setup with Direct Connect again but I have not been able to get them to sync to the Cloud since then. I get a CC-501 error. I have cleared and reset the cloud. I have Validated and Super Validated. I was on the phone with Quicken Support and he was no help. He told me if I wanted it to sync to the cloud I should just change it to Web Connect +. Not helpful!

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Deleting and Resetting the Cloud Account are 2 very different things. Neither process will change the data in your data file but they do different things. The process for each is shown below.

So, I am clear: You did both of these things and neither resolved your issue with Sync?

RESET THE CLOUD ACCOUNT: In your main data file you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset you cloud account > Yes > Reset: This process is a relatively soft approach to resolving Cloud Account issues. It removes the sync'd account information from the Cloud Account and uploads a new copy of your existing main data file. The Cloud Account itself and your EWC and EWC+ connections remain intact.

DELETE THE CLOUD ACCOUNT: This is an aggressive troubleshooting process to fix Cloud Account issues when Resetting the Cloud Account does not resolve a Cloud and/or Sync issue. This process actually deletes the entire Cloud Account and everything in it and then recreates it from scratch. Deleting the Cloud Account will remove everything you have synced to the Cloud Account (not the data on your computer), including your EWC and EWC+ connections.

1. File > New Quicken File….name it TEST….enable for Mobile & Web….no need to set up any accounts.: This new Quicken file needs to be created because the Cloud Account for the main data file cannot be deleted while the main data file is open. It needs to be done from a different data file.
    2. In TEST: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > click on the File Name of your main Quicken data file (not the TEST data file) > Delete > Yes > Delete.
    3. Open the main data file: You will likely be required to sign in with your existing Quicken ID and PW. Quicken will then create a new Cloud Account for your main data file. Wait until the process is completed.
    4. For each of the accounts that you had previously set up with EWC or EWC+ connections, you will need to set those connections up, again.
    5. Set up your Mobile/Web Sync options, again.
    6. Run Sync.

To me it sounds like there is some corruption in your Cloud Account that Resetting it cannot fix. Deleting the Cloud Account should fix that issue and if it does not then it means that the issue you are experiencing is likely something other than a Cloud Account issue.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bbrake64,

What is your connection method with PNC? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. I know that you mentioned being connected via Direct Connect, however, the error message that you are receiving is generally for Express Web Connect accounts.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of your connection method and the error message that you are receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kmeinberg
    kmeinberg Member
    Options

I have been having a problem downloading PNC account transactions for the past few days. I deactivated and reactivated all accounts several times. It appears all good with PNC but the downloads do not connect on Quicken. I am stumped….any feedback would be appreciated.

• bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 21
    Options

It is definitely connecting with Direct Connect because I am able to send payments with it again. It sounds like the cloud is stuck in Web Connect+ method though.

[Picture Removed for Privacy]

• EKNAPP
    EKNAPP Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the exact same issue. My accounts are all connected via Direct Connect to PNC, but the transactions will not upload. It just appears to be stuck. But I am not receiving any errors. I wish this could get fixed!

• cbinder4
    cbinder4 Member
    Options

Same with my PNC account… I haven't been able to download transactions since the end of March and have deactivated, reactivated, reset, etc many times. Direct Connect says it is fine and I get no errors, but no transactions are downloaded. This is getting very annoying.

• bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Can you delete the photo of my account list for me? I don't want it to stay out there.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

For those of you who are getting a CC-501 error code: This is a code that applies to EWC and EWC+ errors, not to DC errors. If you are getting this error code, you very likely are not set up with DC. It's very easy to confirm which connection method your account(s) are set up with as it will be shown in:

• Account List
    • Online Services tab of Account Details
    • Upper left of the Account Register screen directly beneath the Account Name

I recently needed to add an account at PNC with DC. When I tried to do it I got a CC-5XX error code (I can't remember the specific one) which I thought was really odd. So I repeated the process with one change: Add Account > typed in PNC Bank - Direct Connect > clicked on Advanced Options and found something I did not expect to see….the set up was defaulting to EWC, not to DC.:

When I changed this from EWC to DC my account set up properly with DC. Transactions have been downloading well for this new account as well as for my other PNC checking and savings accounts and both bill payments and transfers are working well for all of these accounts.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In addition to what @Boatnmaniac stated above, PNC bank users experiencing connection issues need to specify what type of accounts they are having issues with (checking or CC). PNC bank offers Direct Connect (DC) for checking accounts only. Credit card accounts were downgraded to EWC+ several months back. These are the two different types to connections for PNC bank customers. Anyone experiencing connection issues should verify their connection and correct accordingly.

• bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am definitely connecting via Direct Connect and not having a problem downloading transactions now. The issue I am experiencing is that I cannot connect my accounts for the sync to the cloud. I think it is stuck in Web Connect mode since it is giving me the 501 code. If you look back to the beginning of the conversation I had been stuck with Web Connect for a few weeks and was finally able to get connected via Direct connect again for downloading transactions.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 23
    Options

@bbrake64 - I wonder if you might need to delete the Cloud Account. That will delete all of your EWC and EWC+ connections and will delete your QMobile or QWeb setups. It's not a difficult process but it might take a little time to get all of the connections and sync options set up the way you want, again.

Have you tried deleting the Cloud Account, yet, and if so what was the result?

• bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did delete and reset twice and that didn't help either unfortunately.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Deleting and Resetting the Cloud Account are 2 very different things. Neither process will change the data in your data file but they do different things. The process for each is shown below.

So, I am clear: You did both of these things and neither resolved your issue with Sync?

RESET THE CLOUD ACCOUNT: In your main data file you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset you cloud account > Yes > Reset: This process is a relatively soft approach to resolving Cloud Account issues. It removes the sync'd account information from the Cloud Account and uploads a new copy of your existing main data file. The Cloud Account itself and your EWC and EWC+ connections remain intact.

DELETE THE CLOUD ACCOUNT: This is an aggressive troubleshooting process to fix Cloud Account issues when Resetting the Cloud Account does not resolve a Cloud and/or Sync issue. This process actually deletes the entire Cloud Account and everything in it and then recreates it from scratch. Deleting the Cloud Account will remove everything you have synced to the Cloud Account (not the data on your computer), including your EWC and EWC+ connections.

1. File > New Quicken File….name it TEST….enable for Mobile & Web….no need to set up any accounts.: This new Quicken file needs to be created because the Cloud Account for the main data file cannot be deleted while the main data file is open. It needs to be done from a different data file.
    2. In TEST: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > click on the File Name of your main Quicken data file (not the TEST data file) > Delete > Yes > Delete.
    3. Open the main data file: You will likely be required to sign in with your existing Quicken ID and PW. Quicken will then create a new Cloud Account for your main data file. Wait until the process is completed.
    4. For each of the accounts that you had previously set up with EWC or EWC+ connections, you will need to set those connections up, again.
    5. Set up your Mobile/Web Sync options, again.
    6. Run Sync.

To me it sounds like there is some corruption in your Cloud Account that Resetting it cannot fix. Deleting the Cloud Account should fix that issue and if it does not then it means that the issue you are experiencing is likely something other than a Cloud Account issue.

• bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the clarification about deleting the cloud account and the detailed steps. That fixed the problem.