Missing Report Options using the "Old" Report Customization Interface

Options
QuickUserPSP
QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited June 30 in Reports (Windows)

When you switch to the new report options interface and then switch back to the old report options interface, some report customization options disappear. The Sort and Organization drop down lists disappear. The list of column headings disappears. This is just one example. The same thing happens with the Bank Transactions report options.

The issue is not present in new interface report customization options, but there are other issues with the new reports interface that necessitates the use of the old reports interface. It is extremely cumbersome to switch back and forth between the two interfaces. I have noticed this issue since March 2024 and created a post, but it was closed without any comments or acknowledgement of the issue.

I thought about sending a "Report a Problem", but I am told that even doing this is no guarantee that anything will be done.

Has this issue been submitted to the appropriate parties at Quicken? If not, how do I get this issue to be at least acknowledged by Quicken?

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

For reference, this is the first issue I posted back in March 2024.

This post was ignored. I have a feeling that my current post will be ignored or deleted as well. I am not sure why Quicken thinks this is not an issue?

One of my comments in another post that "Quicken Inc.'s way of dealing with issues is to be silent and hope that the user gives up" was deleted. But my experience shows that this is exactly what they do.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited May 31
    Options

I also forwarded a link to this post to the "Office of the President" and waiting to hear back. It is not just this issue. It is the way Quicken handles issues. There is no clear protocol to submit issues. The "Report a Problem" is ineffective, and the document clearly states that it is used for statistical purposes, and there is no guarantee of a response. Directing the user to Quicken support in my experience is ineffective as well. You are made to spend an hour or more going though the most basic troubleshooting steps that the user has done before contacting Quicken Support. The escalation process is vague and subjectively applied.

I am sure that these comments will be censored, but hopefully not. I think it is very important that the Quicken users get the proper support they need, and a well documented process to get their issues recognized and resolved.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @QuickUserPSP,

The issue was not ignored. You linked the discussion in a different discussion (linked below) about an issue related to that problem, and it was reported along with that related issue (CTP-9826).

Has the issue expanded or changed since your initial report in March?

Thank you!

(CTP-9826)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

I did not link my March 7th post to Joels March 30th post. You did. I did not know this was done.

The issues are not exactly the same, but maybe related.

This discussion has been closed.