It is nice to see that they are at least working on some parts of the QXF import.

Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 13 in The Water Cooler

From the latest release notes for Quicken Windows.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Chris_QPW,

Thank you for coming to share this information with other users in the Quicken Community!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@Chris_QPW I guess this makes sense, since the QXF import for Quicken Windows was created before there was a Business version of Quicken Mac. But as you say, it's good to see that the Windows development team is keeping up with the features added to Quicken Mac for anyone who wants to migrate from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows. (Especially since Quicken Mac doesn't yet have all the business features users may need, and someone who starts in Quicken Mac may decide they need to switch to Quicken Windows for the added functionality.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

@jacobs For Quicken Windows users I think this implies more.

In Quicken Mac you pretty much enjoy the knowledge that if your data file gets corrupted your last resort is to exporting/importing a QFX file. Not really true for Quicken Windows.

They have been making progress on this, but it still pretty much "your data file has to be very simple for this to work" kind of situation.

For the longest time, investment transactions were able to be exported out to Quicken Mac, but not imported back into Quicken Windows. Now they can if they are "simple" (as in mine don't work, but others have reported it working for them).

I don't use the Business and Personal edition so I can't do any tests on this, but it looks like the very fact that Quicken Mac is getting business features they are revisiting this, and the hope is that it will improve for all.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.