Transaction attachments in investment accounts

DEMessinger
DEMessinger Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited July 20 in Investing (Windows)

I saw discusions from other people that also had difficulty adding an attachment to a transaction in an investment account. This could be the result of INCORRECT INSTRUTIONS in Quicken. At least that was my problem. The "Account Attachments" popup says I need to click on the paperclip icon on the transaction, just like a non-investment account. This is incorrect. I eventually noticed that there was an ATTACH button in the lower right area of the transation ("Enter Edit Delete Attach"). This worked correctly. The paperclip icon is not present on transations in the investment account until the is an attachment.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @DEMessinger,

Thank you for coming to share this information. Would you mind providing screenshots of the popup with the instructions as well as the "Attach" button that you located? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20

The transaction Attach button is enabled via a checkbox at Edit > Preferences > Investing > Show attach button

Account attachments are different - they are for documents related to the account, not an individual transaction. This is accessed via the account's gear menu.

I think the issue is that the account attach instructions describe attaching to a transaction by clicking on the paperclip icon, which is not the case for investing accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.