Find and Replace a single category, with multiple categories that include amount for each

CaptainKen
CaptainKen Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I see that as shown in the example screenshot you can do multi level Find as well as Replace criteria. This is awesome! However, it desperately needs to go the next level.

Using the criteria as shown here, I need to replace the single category "Loan", found only in Deposits, within a specific date range, with multiple categories and include dollar amount for each category. However, I get the error: "Some items marked were not affected because they are split transactions. You cannot replace the Category or Amount fields of top level split transactions."

Additionally, providing the ability to Save Find and Replace criteria would be greatly appreciated.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20

So, you're basically asking for the ability to convert a txn with a single category into a split txn with multiple categories.

How is that supposed to happen, since each of those splits would need an amount? Your example shows the desired split categories, but not the amounts.

You can use the FLAG link to ask the Mods to change this into an idea … but I don't think it's realistic.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CaptainKen
    CaptainKen Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I did point out that there needs to be an amount field for each replacement category.

"…with multiple categories and include dollar amount for each category…"

I'll go ahead and flag it as you suggest.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @CaptainKen,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow.

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now, the only way that I can think of to resolve this issue is to:

• Create a Memorized Payee List entry with the necessary Split category entries. Set the "Lock this entry" flag to prevent unexpected changes from changing this MPL entry, so you can use it as a model for new transactions.
    • In your register add a new transaction based on this Model MPL entry for each of the existing incorrect register transactions.
    • Change the new transaction's Clr column to "Reconciled".
    • When you finished recording the new transaction, delete the old, incorrect transaction to bring your register balance back to normal.