Adding Coinbase Wallet to Quicken 2024

silsurf
silsurf Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I believe it is possible to add Coinbase Wallet to Quicken as the add account listed Coinbase as an option.

There is some confusion when you add Coinbase Wallet, then select continue you are greeted with this login dialog box:

It says "Enter the credentials you use to login to coinbase.com, but then has input for API keys. There should be more information from Quicken here, as you are not supposed to put in to Quicken you username and password as you do with other institutions, but you have to go to Coinbase.com, log in and create an API key for your account.

What I have learned in another post:

is that you cannot use the newer "Recommended" API key creation tool, but the Legacy API interface on Coinbase to generate your API key.

Once you have your legacy API key and secret key you use those as your login credentials in the Quicken Add Account setup.

You also have to make sure you tick off these selections when creating your Coinbase Legacy API key

wallet:addresses:read
wallet:buys:read
wallet:contacts:read
wallet:deposits:read
wallet:notifications:read
wallet:orders:read
wallet:sells:read
wallet:trades:read
wallet:transactions:read
wallet:user:read
wallet:withdrawals:read

Supposedly this will do the trick. The truth is I have not been able to get mine setup yet and that is why I am posting here. I imagine Quicken will direct me to Coinbase support, but they really shouldnt,

The error I get in Quicken is:

Please try again later.
Care Code: FDP-106
Details:
ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    edited June 23

Hello @silsurf,

Due to the nature of this error message and the fact that you are receiving it when attempting to add account(s) with Coinbase, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Also, you can review more information regarding FDP-106 error messages through this link.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• silsurf

Like I thought, I just chatted with Coinbase support and they are deferring to Quciken Support and I imagine that Quicken Support will say it is a Coinbase issue and once again the consumer is lost in the middle

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@silsurf Well, why don't you contact Quicken Support to see if they can help you before assuming they won't. 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • silsurf

I plan to, thanks for your support. My assertion was based on many years of frustrating interaction with Quicken since they first introduced it to the Mac Platform in 2004. I have been a paid user ever since, I have had many issues that were very difficult to navigate with customer support. It is not fair of me to assume it will be the same and I look forward to finding answers that I can share wi the community.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @silsurf,

I understand what Coinbase Support said, however, have you spoken to Quicken Support yet as I previously recommended?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• silsurf

Just leaving an update.
    I spoke with Level One support two days ago. They told me that the case would be escalated to Level Two and to wait two hours and call back.

I waited until the next day and after giving the case # to tech support (Level One) they walked me through processes that might help solve data retrieve issues. Namely to go to Settings→Connected Services→Cloud Account Reset and to create a new Quicken account from scratch and add the problematic account to the new Quicken data file. Neither of these attempts helped so then my support person David from Guatemala said the case would be escalated to support level Two. But, the only way to access support Level Two is to remain on the line with Level One and have Level One ask for escalation, you cannot speak with Level Two directly. It was a 45 minute wait to get to Level two and I had to go to work, so will continue the process tomorrow.

• Farm
    Farm Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

This is 100% a Quicken issue. Coinbase went to a more robust API key months ago. In order to even try and get Quicken to work you have to use a legacy API Key with Coinbase. Even then it is iffy. EVERY topic on this in the past 3-4 months has been closed by Quicken reps without any real resolution in thread other than Quicken pointing a finger at Coinbase and shrugging. Very frustrating that we pay for Quicken and it can't seem to get out of the dinosaur age on many issues.

• BryanJ3
    BryanJ3 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

completely agree with farm ^. Figure it out Quicken!!

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Just a note that posts here don’t get Quicken to “figure it out”, as this Community site is not Quicken Support. Calling Quicken Support and/or using Report a Problem on the program may or may not prove futile, but those are the ways to communicate with Quicken Support. (The problem is likely that resolution depends on Intuit, which handles connectivity services for Quicken. Intuit often takes a long time to get issues resolved, and Quicken is completely at their mercy.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • silsurf

I did get a little farther by making sure that I selected "ALL" in the accounts and Permissions while creating the Coinbase legacy API key

Now when I attempt to ADD the account to Quicken using the Legacy API key it does indeed log in.

But the balances do not carry over and remain a ZERO balance in Quicken even after multiple refreshes or resets.

So yes, I would say the problem is with Quicken and as I described above when I have the time (at least an hour) I will call Quicken support back and then have level one support contact level two support while I am on the line as this is the only way Quicken allows for level two access by paying customers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @silsurf, @Farm, and @BryanJ3,

Please follow the instructions in my previous response regarding contacting Quicken Support. An escalation may be in order.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.