How to purge phantom cloud files? Do not show up in desktop for deletion.

MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta

I thought I'd give Quicken Web another try after some years and found that it shows 11 available cloud files - when I actually only have 2 production files. I followed the standard instructions for Quicken Mac and went to Preferences > Connected Services > See all cloud accounts … and it lists just the two active data files. I've done a Reset for each data file and that made no difference…. still mysterious extra 9 files showing in Quicken Web.

How do I delete the 9 files that I see in Quicken Web as being available in the cloud if the only documented way of deleting them is from the desktop app which does not show them?

These extra files are primarily from beta testing, but that shouldn't matter…

@Quicken Bree or @jacobs or anyone - any ideas?

Here's the list from Quicken Web:

and here's the list of Cloud Accoounts that I can manage in Q Mac - showing only 2 of the 11 shown above in Q Web:

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.7

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @MontanaKarl,

If the Cloud Accounts shown in Quicken on the Web are not listed in Connected Services in your DeskTop program, then you will need reach out to Quicken Support instead to remove the additional Cloud Accounts shown in Quicken on the Web as it will likely require and escalation/tier 2 assistance in order to do so.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 27

Thanks, @Quicken Anja - will do. I had reached out to standard support yesterday and they had no clue and said that they could not escalate via the chat platform. Will use the phone this time😀

Tier 2 was able to purge all of the unattached cloud accounts. Thanks again, Anja.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.7

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I was curious of what the answer was going to be for this one. In Quicken Windows there is a method for doing this without calling Quicken Support. It is cumbersome since it has to be done from a separate data file, but it can be done. It seems like Quicken Mac should have the same feature.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.