Trouble Importing a QFX file (MAC) containing old transactions from Schwab

bandit302
bandit302 Member ✭✭

Schwab no longer allows downloads of QFX files into Quicken. I have approximately two months of old transactions from 2021 I want to capture via import. I used the ProperSoft conversion software to create a QFX file from PDF statement downloads from Schwab. The file seems to be correct. When I try to import them into Quicken for Mac I get the following error message - see below. It seems to me that any reputable QFX file should import into Quicken. Are there some other codings or restrictions placed within Quicken that prevent any QFX files from being uploaded once a particular bank has shut them down? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @bandit302,

The error code CC-885 indicates that the financial institution no longer supports the download method that you are trying to use.

For more detailed information, please review this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mistertheplague
    mistertheplague Member ✭✭✭

@bandit302 If one of your FIs has stopped coughing up, your only recourse to import data into QM is to convert your FI file to Mint CSV. ProperConvert does this readily. Normally QM creates a new account when you import Mint CSV and you can cut/paste the transactions, then delete the new account QM made.

Caveat: I have never imported investments data into QM through Mint CSV. Perhaps some other Mac users can comment. I suggest you back up your QM file before letting it rip. If something borks you can then restore from your backup.

Quicken Premier Mac and Windows
  • mistertheplague
    mistertheplague Member ✭✭✭

@bandit302 Actually, PS recommends disconnecting the account in QM from online services before importing a QFX file, so your bacon may yet be saved:

https://propersoft.helpscoutdocs.com/article/475-quicken-import-qfx

Quicken Premier Mac and Windows
  • smayer97
    smayer97 Quicken Mac Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

An alternative is to change the INTU.BID in the QFX file. Do some research on this… it is VERY simple, and may get you the result you need.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.