Manual backup reminder no longer works

ccpjr
ccpjr Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Running Windows 11 and Quicken Classic Premier R57.26 build 27.1.57.26.
After the latest update the manual backup reminder does not work.
It has always worked until the latest update. I have gone to preferences, backup and the checked settings box is checked and remind me after running Quicken is set to 1 time.
I have changed the remind me setting to different settings and it doesn’t make a difference. The manual backup reminder does not work.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    edited August 16 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Please let me know once you have submitted logs.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-10586)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @ccpjr,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I'm having the same problem. I did both the validate and super validate, and the problem persists. What do you suggest?

• Vinay Gupta
    Vinay Gupta Member ✭✭

Same Here. Additionally, For whatever reason, none of my accounts stay selected when I do an "Update Now". I can select them for the session, but the selection is no longer sticky. I have to reselect all my accounts for each update session.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What are your settings in Edit / Preferences / Backup?
    They may have accidentally been changed from your preferred settings. If they were, change them back to what you want, close and restart Quicken and see if that picks up your desired settings.

For reference, here are my preferred backup settings:

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Here are my settings.

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭

I have the same issue. Noticed no backup reminder for a few weeks now. Have begun doing daily backups to make certain there is no loss of data.

• UKR

Have you verified that your Backup Settings in Edit / Preferences / Backup are still set correctly, similar to the images above? If not, change them.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

See the comments above. Other people are having this problem. This needs to be addressed by Quicken.

• eclark
    eclark Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Agree it's a problem. I have R57.26 Classic Deluxe.

• ccpjr

Validate and super validate no errors.

Settings are ok.

• carlwebster
    carlwebster Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Windows 10 Pro, Quicken Classic Premier, R57.26 Build 27.1.57.26. I also have a problem since the last update that said it fixed backup problems did nothing but break my backup reminders. My settings are correct.

Carl Webster
    Citrix Technology Professional Fellow

The Semi-retired Accidental Citrix Admin http://www.carlwebster.com

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited August 16 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Please let me know once you have submitted logs.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-10586)

-Quicken Jasmine

• carlwebster
    carlwebster Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Done, but too bad I couldn't have my backup setting screen open and submit the report.

Carl Webster
    Citrix Technology Professional Fellow

The Semi-retired Accidental Citrix Admin http://www.carlwebster.com

• Tom Claffy
    Tom Claffy Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

This is definitely a software shortfall. The behavior changed the minute I installed their last "fix" for a backup problem. Latest is not always the greatest. Get this fixed Quicken. I reported this issue the day it occurred. It's not a data issue. It's not a One Drive issue. It's not a windows update issue. Your code change broke it.

• nmestanas
    nmestanas Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Add me to the list. Just noticed as I do the manual backup to my NAS and there have been no updates in over 2 weeks. Validate/Super Validate reports OK. Backup settings correct. Auto backup to local drive works fine. Manual backup works but I get no reminders when I close. Toggled the check box off, then back on. Set reminder to 2, then opened and closed Quicken repeatedly and no reminder popup.

Quicken R57.26 Build 27.1.57.26. Updates reports this is the latest version.

• UKR

If you want a Manual Backup Reminder every single time you close Quicken, try setting the "after using Quicken [xx] times" counter to "1".

If there have not been any changes made to the file in a session, it's quite possible that Quicken thinks it's not necessary to create new backup.

• nmestanas

I have found nothing in the documentation to suggest this. Over the past several weeks I've made many changes including sync'ing with my banks, running reports, re categorizing expenses and more. I also use Quicken daily, even launching to find something (like an old payment), so I often launch it several times daily. Typically I would get the reminder popup at least once a week (depending on my usage) and the date/time stamps have always shown that. It was today that I noticed the gap in the backup file dates. After some local testing, I found the issue exists for other users and wanted to add "me too", to the growing number of users affected.

Thanks for your help.

• Belter
    Belter Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    edited August 6

I have the same issue. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]

• tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭

I also have had this issue for a month now. It will not give a backup reminder. Have been updating daily. Once Quicken had a reminder to backup I used it so rely on it.l When it is no longer there you forget. All preferences were set as shown in various previous tables. I do believe enough people have complained about this topic that it should be addressed on one way or another. There have been two new releases now since this issue began and none of them have fixed this problem.

• fossdm
    fossdm Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I too have this issue and have had it for over a month now. I have followed all of the recommendations above and still the program will simply no longer provide the manual backup reminder. Given the number of customers who have reported this, it is obviously a legitimate issue and should be addressed.

• jljeeper
    jljeeper Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16

I have this issue too. It seems we all have this issue. Its been about two months or more. I finally came here to see I am not alone. My guess is it could be very widespread. None of the above suggestions have fixed this for me.

• ccpjr

Even after the latest update I still have the issue. It would be nice If Quicken would fix this issue.

• nmestanas

Best bet is to contact support directly. The more folks that log the issue, the faster they will fix it.

• Vinay Gupta
    Vinay Gupta Member ✭✭
    edited August 23

[Removed - Rant]

• rhosk
    rhosk Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭

It is now September… I have the same issue.

• jljeeper

I called support and it was basically useless and a waste of time. After insisting for me to move my quicken "backup" file to the C drive partition instead of my D partition and Validate and Super Validate. I don't think the person really knew much about Quicken. He didn't seem to know the difference between the working file and the backup file locations. Finally, he said they were aware of the issue and have an open ticket for this. I asked him "Then why don't you post it here on the Community website so all of us can see the status?" I told him that there were many of us with this problem and all started around the same time. Quicken has lost, my trust and confidence as a reliable partner. This support experience was very poor

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    edited September 1

Hello All,

If you haven't already done so, please submit a problem report with log files attached to contribute to the investigation. For instructions on how to do so, please see the post quoted below:

It would also be helpful if you include the full file path where you keep your main Quicken file (not the backups) in the description of the issue.

@jljeeper,

Are you referring to your interaction with Support on August 30th (ticket # 11256415)?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Kristina I submitted the problem report on this issue that you requested. I could not send a sanitized data file, it told me that the file was too large.

• jljeeper

Yes I am referring to the August 30th call to tech support. I tried to send my data file but its too big (215MB) That is another issue that I called about in 2021, My file size practically doubled in early 2021 (from 100MB to 200MB) I don't add receipts or any attachments. I've been using Quicken since 2009 when I migrated from Microsoft Money. The Quicken report says to upload my file to a shared drive and send a link instead. I'm Not sure how to export a sanitized data file or how to send the link within the quicken problem report.

Thank you

Jon

• jljeeper

My Quicken local file path. Its been this way for many years