Quicken Mobile closes by itself

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my mobile app. I open it, it starts to sync and after a few seconds it closes by itself. This behavior started around Aug 6th.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no change.

I use Mac and IOS.

Any solution?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 26 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10845)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭
    edited August 19

Experiencing same issue as another member.

Using Quicken for Mac and Quicken mobile on iOs. Both operating systems latest versions.

Quicken Mac Version 7.8.2 (Build 708.53926.100) Quicken mobile: version 7.3.1

When open Quicken mobile, it stars sync (spinning wheel) and immediately after the app closes.

Spoke with support chat without any solution.

I need a fast solution, please.

[Merged Post]

• I’m having the same issue. I’ve already reinstalled the app, but it keeps crashing after a few seconds. I’m using iPhone 13 with iOS 17.5.1

Thanks

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 19

Hello @EGK,

When I check the ticket from your interaction with Support earlier today, I can see you've already restarted your device, tried reinstalling the app, tried updating your iOS to the most current version, and reset the cloud, and the issue persists.

Just in case this issue is being caused by a problem with the data stored in the cloud, let's try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to re-sync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup. From there, create a new data file (File>New>Start From Scratch, then follow the prompts. You don't need to add any accounts to the file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Quicken.
    2. Settings
    3. Connected Services
    4. Click the See All Cloud Accounts… button
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click the - symbol to delete that cloud account.
    6. In the confirmation window, verify you're deleting the correct one, then click the Delete Cloud Account button.

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions). 

Once your main file opens, re-sync your data by going to Quicken>Settings>Mobile, Web & Alerts. You should get a pop-up saying "Cloud account not found" and prompting you to set up a new cloud account. Click the Set up a new cloud account button. Once the cloud account is created, test to see if the issue with the mobile app unexpectedly closing is resolved. You can also delete the test file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Alex Lisboa and @Edson Luiz,

To help troubleshoot this issue, if you haven't already done so, please restart your mobile device. If the issue persists, please make sure your device is on the most current version of iOS (it's recommended that you backup your device prior to updating it).

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Hi Kris,

I restarted my mobile, but the problem persists.
    I am already at the latest IOS version, 17.6.1.
    Please help.
    Alex.

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭

Running latest versions of MacOS and iOS, deleted and reinstalled Quicken mobile but it continues shutting down in a couple of seconds.

It is happening for a couple of weeks and is very frustrating, as for me is an important app

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help.

Quicken Support:
    - To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
    - Support is only available during posted hours of operation
    - The phone number can be found at the support website.
    - To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    - If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
    - Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    - Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers" demanding fees for their service, the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭

I chat with Quicken during about 30 minutes and the end of the conversation the answer was to wait until an updated version is released. Not expected for an yearly paid subscription.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

WHAT? You want instantaneous satisfaction for an issue? Since, per what you've said, it's a software issue, how frequently do you expect updates?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @EGK,

Did you try following the troubleshooting steps I provided in response to your post yesterday?

@Alex Lisboa,

Just in case the issue is being caused by an issue with the cloud data rather than an issue with the app or interaction between the app and your device, if you haven't already done so, please try doing a cloud reset. To do that, you would need to go to the Desktop App, Quicken>Settings>Connected Services, then click the Reset button. If the issue persists after that, then as @UKR recommended, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 26 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10845)

Quicken Kristina

• boazamr
    boazamr Member ✭✭

The same is happening to me. Quicken app is crashing after a few seconds. I have already validated, super validated the file. Also, reset my cloud data 3 times. I have deleted the app from iPhone and reinstalled again, restarted the phone. Also, I changed the number of accounts synced to only one. I did all I could, but the app insists to crash after a few seconds syncing. This is terrible.

• boazamr
    boazamr Member ✭✭

Note. I forgot to mention this is happening on the iPad app to. The same problem. When you open it, a few seconds later it crashes.

• I have already done everything mentioned here, like reinstalling, phone restart, cloud reset, etc. many times. Nothing changed on either iPhone or iPad.

I am terrible disappointed, as I am a long term subscriber and I have renewed my subscription just a few months ago.

Has anybody succeeded in solving this?

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭

Same here, done it all and nothing has changed. I wish Quicken would be more proactive in dealing with this issue as it is affecting my errands

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your replies @Alex Lisboa and @EGK,

To help our teams investigate the issue, please submit logs. For instructions, please see my earlier post:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hi Kristina,

What logs? There are no logs, no error messages, no clue. The thing just closes down after a few seconds. Period.

• I even indicated an approximate date of when the problem started - around Aug 6th. This should be some kind of hint to your support team.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

I understand that you can't send logs from the mobile app, since it won't stay open long enough to do so. However, you should be able to send logs from the Quicken program on your computer. The log files should include Sync data, which would be helpful to our teams, since it would allow them to see if any of the data being synced is causing or contributing to the issue. Including information about the iOS device(s) you're encountering this issue with in the description of the issue would also be helpful (for example, iPhone 13).

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hi Kristina,

How do I create these logs?

Thanks, Alex.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

The log files are automatically generated by the Quicken program as you use it. When you go to Help>Report a Problem, you should see that the log files are already attached.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• OK, I sent the log files to Support. Let's see how they respond.

In anybody find a solution, please post the results here.

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭

I check on daily basis for an update of the Quicken mobile app but to our dismay nothing is happening.

Is anyone at Quicken looking into our problem?

• I don’t see anything happening either.

• EGK
    EGK Member ✭✭

As paying customers, we have done our part of the contract: paying the annual subscription fee therefore we deserve to have a working app.