Add Unreconciled/Uncleared Filter in Transaction Register and Reports (29 Legacy Votes)

Blake
Blake Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

Please Vote!

There is no way to see all Unreconciled transactions within a single view or report. This is basic "balance your checkbook" functionality that needs to be
implemented. You have to be able to see what hasn't been fully
reconciled in a single view!

Yes, one can see Uncleared transactions (empty check box) by using that filter, but it doesn't include downloaded or manually checked (blue check box) transactions.

What we need is a filter called "Unreconciled" that is equivalent to "not checked green" or "checked blue or unchecked". That would be a major first step!

Additionally, we need to have all these filters available in reports: Unreconciled, Untagged, Uncleared, Last Downloaded, Not Reviewed).

Please Vote!
24 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Under Review 7/2/20 - QMAC-9149

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    BTW, click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 

Agreed. This filter is important. QM2007 had something similar:

It also included filters for Payments, Deposits and Unprinted checks). All these need to be added back.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You can add your VOTE for the feature to Add Selection Criteria for -No Category- and -No Tag- on Reports.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    BTW, just to be clear, there is a filter for the register Last Downloaded. 

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You may also add your VOTE for more report related features too, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-related-features-in-...

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Click on each link above, then be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Then VOTE on EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

• Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Please add an Uncleared filter in Transaction Reports.

It would be very helpful to report on all transactions that haven't cleared in one report.

Thank you!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    Just to be clear, you are asking for an Uncleared filter in Reports (not the one that already exists in the registers).

In case you are not aware, you can pretty much accomplish this in the register. First select a register or group register. (If you select All Transactions, you can select a specific set of accounts using checkmarks in the Accounts filter.) Set the Status filter to Uncleared. You can optionally choose a date period using the Date filter and if you want, search for specific words using the search box.

You can then print this as a report using menu File > Print. (You can use the PDF menu in the lower left corner of the Print dialog if you want to see it on screen rather than send it to the printer.) You can also use menu File > Export > Register Transactions to CSV File to export the report to a CSV file the you can then open in Excel or Numbers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That is correct.   The similar filters in the register work in a pinch.

Although, I need the full reporting capabilities including subtotals and breakout by account.

This is my one wish for Qmac to make it perfect!  It's a phenomenal product otherwise.
  • RickO
    edited November 2019

Got it. I'm a little surprised that you would have that many uncleared transactions that you would need such detailed breakdown. But then again, everybody uses Quicken somewhat differently.
  • Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Haha.  Yup, that's the problem - too many unreconciled transactions, even with daily reconciliation.

I hope this can be add to transaction reports at some point.
  • Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I'm happy to grease the skids and send your developers a case of their favorite caffeine!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

• Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The other thing I've thought of is that for many folks, this feature
    would be really handy if one only occasionally balances/reconciles their
    accounts.  For those who do weekly or monthly this could be a very
    large number of unreconciled transactions.
  • Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Two different ideas. I allude the idea in this thread at the end: "Additionally, we need to have all these filters available in reports: Unreconciled, Untagged, Uncleared, Last Downloaded, Not Reviewed)."
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

But that is what I mean...you mention all of them in the one thread. Ok..so we'll keep them separate but I see them as just a repeat...so I will repeat by reply I posted there:

All these filters are important. QM2007 has something similar:

It also included filters for Payments, Deposits and Unprinted checks). All these need to be added back.

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled View Only Unreconciled Transactions.

Are there any plans to include a view to show only unreconciled items (rather than uncleared). This is the default view I like in an alternative Mac product and is one of the most useful, because it's basically every transaction since your last statement (assuming to reconcile every time). 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    I don't know what the developers plan -- and they almost never share those plans on this forum.

That said, without them adding these requested filters, there's a pretty easy way to see your unreconciled transactions in any account register with just a mouse click. Simply click on the heading of the CLR column. (You want the arrow next to CLR to be pointing down; if it's pointing up, click on the heading a second time so the arrow points down.)

This will put all the uncleared transactions at the top, followed by ones which have the blue unreconciled checkmark, followed by everything with the green cleared checkmark. When you're done seeing what you need, just click on the Date heading to restore the order of transactions to the normal date order.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Cleared/Uncleared items are not the same as Unreconciled, at least in Qmac.  See the very first post above.

• Blake
    Blake Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled View Only Unreconciled Transactions.

Are there any plans to include a view to show only unreconciled items (rather than uncleared). This is the default view I like in an alternative Mac product and is one of the most useful, because it's basically every transaction since your last statement (assuming to reconcile every time). 

I absolutely agree! This is the one feature I want above all others.
  • BrianW
    BrianW Member
    edited November 2019

"Last Downloaded" will show only unreconciled transactions (blue checkbox)

"Not Reviewed" will show uncleared transactions(empty checkbox) and downloaded transactions(blue checkbox)
  • RickO
    edited November 2019

I don't know what the developers plan -- and they almost never share those plans on this forum.

That said, without them adding these requested filters, there's a pretty easy way to see your unreconciled transactions in any account register with just a mouse click. Simply click on the heading of the CLR column. (You want the arrow next to CLR to be pointing down; if it's pointing up, click on the heading a second time so the arrow points down.)

This will put all the uncleared transactions at the top, followed by ones which have the blue unreconciled checkmark, followed by everything with the green cleared checkmark. When you're done seeing what you need, just click on the Date heading to restore the order of transactions to the normal date order.

I think you meant "...followed by everything with the green reconciled checkmark."
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Correct. Thanks. I was looking at the graphic Blake posted at the top of this thread, and used his terminology.
  • I am a new Quicken for Mac user and one of the first things I noticed is that this was not possible to do as a simple option from the drop-down. I would vote for this, but it seems as if voting for this feature is disabled.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, voting has been fixed. Go to the top and click on the triangle under the vote count in the blue banner at the top.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2 Member ✭✭
    YES!!! Quicken, please add an "unreconciled" choice to the "Status" filter. It just seems like such an obvious filter I'm surprised it's not there.
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I noted above, this idea is simply a subset of the idea thread here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7356391/add-unreconciled-filter-in-transaction-register-and-reports-26-legacy-votes
    which has 31 votes and continues to be voted on. So this one is still very much needed and is NOT stagnant.

• jimbean2
    jimbean2 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    My current Tax Report and Income Statement Reports include amounts not yet collected (and thereby not yet reconciled), thereby providing an inaccurate accounting. If I could filter out unreconciled items and in some cases Actions, it would enable accurate reports. Or a Cash Basis vs an Accrual Basis report.
  • JanH
    JanH Member ✭✭
    I can't find these choices on the Mac version of Quicken Deluxe. I need to find a list of unreconciled entries.
  • jacobs
    @JanH  You need to make the "Clr" column visible in your register(s). Click the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar, and check "Clr". Then you can sort by this column by clicking on its heading, so the uncleared entries jump to the top or bottom (click the heading once or twice). When you do what you need to do, click on the Date heading to return to the normal sort order.