Like to be able to sync foreign accounts/currencies with Quicken Mobile (85 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
Currently I'm unable to sync foreign account to the web, so I don't see them in the mobile app.
It would really help me a lot if I can see my transactions on my mobile for these accounts.
And the app itself is also not available in The Netherlands in the Play Store.
31 votes

Planned · Last Updated

CTP-400/QMO-2146

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm from Peru. And I also have this problem. 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QMobile only works with US financial institutions and accounts in US$.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Does quicken have plans to include other currencies in future upgrades?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Billy, I wouldn't bet on other countries being included in Q Mobile ... because it would require that the banks/cards/brokerages/etc in other countries sign contracts with Quicken to become "Participating Financial Institutions".
    Q DOES support other currencies ... it's just that the Mobile App doesn't.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

The US version of Quicken of course are as you say.

But there is a slight variation in this because starting with Quicken 2017 Canadian it is supporting Quicken mobile too.  (note there are only two supported country/versions of Quicken, US and Canada)

Quicken Mobile when used with Quicken 2017 Canadian, supports Canadian financial institutions, and the accounts in CA$.

So basically Quicken Mobile still has the "one currency" restriction, but it is restricted to Canadian dollars.

None of this is of course relevant to other countries, but it is "interesting".  (at least to me)  :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks!  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
     Dear Sir , I have been using Quicken Desktop 2015 till now and i really hope you can update the mobile version to support foreign currency. As the desktop version have multi currency supported and most of my account is under foreign currency. It's will be very hard for me to enjoy the full potential of your software as the mobile version only show my US account. Thank and i hope you can consider my idea as i have been asking about the same thing through live chat since the first day i'm using your product.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
     I live in Thailand and want the ability to enter cash transactions (in Thai Baht) in mobile. I'm currently using Quicken for Windows 2017. I hope this feature is available in version 2018?
  • masug
    masug Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
     @PhilOng I too have been asking this feature for a while. No response yet. Anyway I have voted. Quicken never cared - hopefully this time it is different
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
     Thanks to all that replied.  Hopefully a few more will express interest in this feature.  

I hope someone from Quicken is reading: I don't need the mobile device to convert between currencies (that can be done in Windows or Mac), I only need for the mobile and base application to communicate in the native currency.  The ability to capture expenses on-the-go is a must.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled merging.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when is it going to be possible to use on mobile mode non american dollar account....mobile mode

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: QWin 2015: Foreign Currency in mobile Quicken Mobile.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
     I'm using quicken 2018 and in the mobile version I don't have multiple currencies, I wish we get an update soon so I can use the program.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Dear Quicken team,

Please consider implementing mobile sync of bank accounts in currencies other than USD.
    This is a significant limitation of your mobile product.

Thanks
  • aby
    aby Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Support!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Support!

Then be sure to click VOTE at the top of the page!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• hushpuppy
    hushpuppy Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Considering that there are approx. 8 million American citizens living abroad, Quicken or some other international financial management software is certainly needed. Many have foreign bank accounts, in addition to their domestic U.S. bank accounts and  brokerage accounts, and also pay U.S. taxes every year. The ability to enter foreign currency transactions on the go would be a great time saver for all of us living abroad.(BTW: I have been using Quicken since the 2nd DOS version in the 1980's). Multi-currency accounts are no longer uncommon. Please improve the mobile app!

• hushpuppy
    hushpuppy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Too bad for U.S citizens abroad..

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

And Canadians either abroad or either with accounts cross-border ;-)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Oscar Sunderland
    Oscar Sunderland Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Multiple currency support on Mobile like Mexican Pesos and Brazilian Reais etc all working among USD
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Will new mobile app support non-USD cash accounts?.

Current mobile app is not useful for people who travel or live outside the USA.  Please add support for non-USD cash accounts in the new mobile app.  Thank you.
  • Rainton Varsovia
    Rainton Varsovia Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This is indeed frustrating as not having multi-currently support renders the app useless for people that manages more than USD only. It has been quite some time ( over 2 years) since this concern has been raised.
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this thread, and for the great feedback! To clarify, the Quicken Community is primarily a user to user support forum. It is moderated by a small group of Quicken employees who help in the Community when and where we can; however, our primary role is to keep the Community a clean, fun place for all.

At this time, our primary focus for the mobile companion app is to resolve any reported bugs and ensure the app is consistently functioning properly for all users. Once this has been confirmed, our Product Developers plan to improve and expand the application and features available. The Idea threads on our Community are periodically reviewed by our Product Developers for insight on what new features and functionality our Users would like to see in the program.  The more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation in the future.

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great Idea and encourage you to browse through other Ideas posted by Users in the Community and add your vote to the Ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Best regards,
    Alex
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Only possible answer after this amount of time is that Quicken are completely ignoring us.  They can't be bothered with non-US users!

It is NOT just non-US users who need this. Many users nowadays hold accounts (cash, investments, etc) in foreign currencies.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Only possible answer after this amount of time is that Quicken are completely ignoring us.  They can't be bothered with non-US users!

In my opinion it comes down to priorities.  One person's must have feature is another person's I don't care feature.  And the majority of Quicken users (yes US users) don't use multiple currencies and as such want different features first.

But from what I understand of the history it even as clear cut as that.
    The initial reason given to only support one currency is that the system tied into the Express Web Connect system to get transactions, and it only supported downloading transactions in one currency (USD/financial institutions for the US version and CAD/financial institutions for the Canadian version).

Now of course Intuit sold Quicken, but Express Web Connect is still supplied by them.
    I know that there was a BIG conversion of Quicken Mobile about a year after the sell to get at least some of this process on Quicken servers instead of Intuit servers.  It is not clear to me what is controlled by what company at this point in reference to the currency.  I do know that this conversion took a lot of work, and it is even why the budgets were removed from Quicken mobile for a long time.  Not only were they transferring some of this to Quicken servers, they also did a major rewrite on Quicken mobile.

All of this has taken a lot of time out of being able to put in ANY bew feature.
  • dominipater
    dominipater Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Dear Sir , I have been using Quicken Desktop 2015 till now and i really hope you can update the mobile version to support foreign currency. As the desktop version have multi currency supported and most of my account is under foreign currency. It's will be very hard for me to enjoy the full potential of your software as the mobile version only show my US account. Thank and i hope you can consider my idea as i have been asking about the same thing through live chat since the first day i'm using your product.

This has been an ongoing frustration. I have an account in foreign currency.  I travel often to this destination, and these are the times when I would most appreciate the  transaction input functionality with mobile app: I'm away from my PC for weeks and also making dozens of transactions every day.
    It's a pain to come back and have to figure out a long list of expenses with unfamiliar names.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

dominipater create a cash in USD (or if using the Canadian version CAD) and sync it with the Quicken Cloud.

While away enter the foreign currency transactions into that account.
    When you get home, sync with the Quicken Cloud, and then move the transactions from that cash account to your foreign currency account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I do this - it is a ridiculous POIA workaround.  Also, none of the other features showing monthly spending, etc are accurate since I do a lot of spending from my foreign currency accounts.  UGH!!! 

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    PLEASE, please allow foreign cash accounts in the app even if you can't to bank updates for foreign accounts.  i walk around spending cash all day with no where to correctly record it.  Also - my monthly charts are worthless since they don't include my foreign currency balances.  Weak.  Inexcusable at this point.  Step up quicken!

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

You may think it is ridiculous workaround, but I would never let Quicken sync a "real" account setup for One Step Update for fear that it will corrupt my data file.  

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I just discovered on a trip to the US that my US accounts were missing from my mobile version.  After reading through this thread there is no committed date to add this feature to mobile.  The lack of commitment is frustrating.