Can't accurately convert data from MAC to Windows

Options
I am currently using Quicken for MAC 2017 and just purchased Quicken for Windows 2019 (subscription). I am told by Quicken that I shouldn't convert the data to windows version because it is not currently working properly. Is this being worked on so I will be able to start using Windows 2019 shortly? What is status, what is problem. I've been using the same Quicken data since early 90's and only 5 years ago converted from Windows to MAC when I started using a Mac Air laptop but now it is old and I prefer to use Quicken on my new HP Desktop computer. I want to make sure I do this right as I have 20+ years of data. 

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The QMac to QWin conversion has been broken for years ... and there has been no notice of it being worked on.
    My suggestion would be to start fresh, in QWin, as of 1/1/19

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost like two totally different programs, both with the name "Quicken" -
    It really is sad that Quicken doesn't make it easier to bridge between the two different worlds they have created.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ps56k said:
    It's almost like two totally different programs, both with the name "Quicken" -
    It really is sad that Quicken doesn't make it easier to bridge between the two different worlds they have created.

They have from QWin to QMac but have not updated the process the other way around since QW2013.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• formerCPA
    formerCPA Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    QMAC has a very weak set of reports, far inferior to QWIN.  It is appalling that in 5 years they have not upgraded the transferability from QMAC to QWIN.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Clearly by their actions it is because they do not see it as a priority... the vast majority of migrators are from QWin to QMac and not the other way... follow the money  ;)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.