Tangerine Mutual Funds

dc600
dc600 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Prices not updated since October 16

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    dc are you still facing this issue? If so, can you list one or two of the problem ticker symbols?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What specific version of Quicken are you using?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Ference
    Ference Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I also have the same problem as you. Quicken 2019 for Mac v5.8.1 and 5.8.2
    Prices have NOT updated since Oct 16, 2018:
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL:INI230/ING-Direct

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Same problem with Quicken 2016 H&B Windows Version R7.  Tangerine Symbol INI240.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The one thing that puzzles me:
    If you own these mutual funds through a brokerage and this brokerage is connected for downloading from Quicken, then the quotes should be updated every day when you run One Step Update (Update All) to download transactions and holdings information. And that should give you updated information even if Price History Updates or Quotes downloads (outside of OSU) produce no results.

Someone from Quicken needs to chime in here and check if there's an issue with the quotes service provider.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    UKR said:

If you own these mutual funds through a brokerage and this brokerage is connected for downloading from Quicken, then the quotes should be updated every day when you run One Step Update (Update All) to download transactions and holdings information. And that should give you updated information even if Price History Updates or Quotes downloads (outside of OSU) produce no results.

Someone from Quicken needs to chime in here and check if there's an issue with the quotes service provider.

I'm having the same issue with INI220, INI235, and INI240.  For some reason INI235 works fine!  Quicken support had no idea what the issue was!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    UKR said:

Sorry... that should have been problems with INI210, INI220 and INI240.  INI235 works fine!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    I have the exact same problem since October 16, 2018.  Chatted with Quicken "help" (twice), which they were not.  One of them even tried and stated he could not update INI220 either.  The other person got me to check if there were data errors on my file.  None were found.  In the end, he just stated that I should check with my bank... (it's not, spoke to them twice already as well).  Then it was suggested to me that I should contact Totonto TSX (as if this was my job to fix Quicken's issues with what is turning out to be a rather expensive software (compared to what it was)...)  I was told they do not use a 3rd party for the quotes and that they are connected directly with TSX (???).  In a last attempt, I even created a new file from "scratch", using other investments with other companies, and 2 from Tangerine.  They all update flawlessly but the 2 from Tangerine.  Somebody from Quicken needs to step up and address this issue!
  • roch St-Vincent
    roch St-Vincent Member
    edited November 2018

The comment under "Sikkor Sett" (above) is actually mine... For some reason, the wrong Google account was used to sign in.   I find the Tangerine update issue very frustrating, as no one is taking ownership of this issue.  I will certainly remember this when comes time to renew my yearly subscription with Quicken (no point in renewing if I have to enter the updates manually anyway...)
  • roch St-Vincent
    roch St-Vincent Member
    edited November 2018
    I tried the updates again, INI220 and INI240 are still not updating or registering any price history since October 16, 2018 (I have not tried the other funds they have, such as INI235, etc.) still nothing working... This is hopeless!  I have been purchasing Quicken in Canada since the early 90s (living in Manitoba). The security price downloads worked perfectly until Quicken split from Intuit and started the yearly subscription model, which, by the way, equates to more than tripling the price of the Intuit version, for essentially the same product (there was not much left to improve upon).  The problem with the funds' updates may be with the quote provider, as they suggested, but nevertheless, it's Quicken that has the agreement with said provider so therefore, it's Quicken's responsibility to address the issue since THIS FEATURE IS THEIR STRONGEST SELLING POINT FOR THIS SOFTWARE.  Of course, instead of having an actual email address where one could bring this to their attention when complaints/issues remain unsolved after having contacted their "helpline" people, Quicken simply defers the situation by sending customers to their "community forum", where nothing is getting solved regarding certain issues that no one but Quicken can address/fix.  I wonder how long they will survive in conducting business this way...  I suspect that they are banking too much on the fact that they do not have any significant competitor in the market, for the time being...  This should be the last of my rants!!.  I will check back on this site to see if anyone has anything new to report that would fix the issue.  May be by some Christmas miracle, Quicken techs will read these posts and work on fixing the problem...
  • Ference
    Ference Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It’s been 1 month since the problem started and at Quicken it seems nobody has the knowledge how really fix this. I have to enter the prices manually.
    Why should I renew my expired “not so cheap” annual membership?

• ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mutual Fund INI240 Prices Not Updating Since October 12 2018.

Mutual Fund INI240 (Tangerine Equity Growth Portfolio) on TSX has not been updating since October 12, 2018 (that is the last date the price was received). I have been entering the daily prices manually since then. It updated daily for several years before that without any issues. No help from Quicken Support on phone or on chat. They always want me to do the file validation routine which has become the sole solution for every issue it appears. I also created a brand new Quicken data file with one account containing that one security and the prices do not load. The mutual fund is found when you enter the symbol and click search, so it is a valid security. Please check the daily data file from the vendor to see if the fund price is missing. Quicken Home and Business, Year: 2019, Version R15.24; Build 27.1.15.24; Edition: Canada
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community and I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has or may further cause.

We have received a few reports of some Users not receiving quote updates for some Canadian Mutual Funds, including Tangerine Mutual Funds and we have opened a ticket with our Development teams to investigate further and resolve.

A small update on the ticket has been received, the root cause of this issue has been identified and work is in progress to create a solution.

At this time I do not have an eta on when the fix will be available but as soon as an update on the ticket is received, I'll be back to share.  

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thank you Sarah. There must be a more efficient way for issues like this to be resolved rather than using the community forum. Hopefully the resolution for this particular issue can be used as a training tool for phone and chat support.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Thank you Sarah. There must be a more efficient way for issues like this to be resolved rather than using the community forum. Hopefully the resolution for this particular issue can be used as a training tool for phone and chat support.

Isn't there a "Report a Problem" option under the Help menu in QWin? There is in QMac, and it sends the issue directly to the development team.

If so, I would recommend posting in the forum to raise public awareness and get confirmation from others then link the thread in the forum in the submission via the menu.

Of course, there is also chat and phone support to report these. The problem with all but the forum is that there is no feedback and no one else knows about it.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Colin/Sarah,

I literally spent over 2 hours on the phone with a customer service rep and her supervisor a few days ago dealing with this very issue.  INI210, INI220 and INI240 no longer update as you well know.  INI235 on the other hand DOES update and continues to update.  I suspect the issue relates to the fact that INI210, INI220 and INI240 are each listed twice when you do a symbol lookup... but have different descriptions (do a search by 'tang' and you'll see what I mean).  However INI235 is only listed once.  I suspect when the system goes to retrieve the daily price, it gets confused because it finds two INI210's, INI220's and INI240's.  I was able to show this to the supervisor I worked with, but he still insisted I contact Tangerine to get this straightened out.

I'm pretty sure a call to Tangerine from me is not going to resolve the issue.  Sarah, if you wish to look at this further, my case reference is ref:_00D36JnNs._5001QiVcDK:ref

I'm hoping you can get to the bottom of this as it is very frustrating!

Thanks.

Paul.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Yes, and I used it for this specific issue for several days in a row to get someone's attention. Screen shot attached too. It must go into cyberspace.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    PF said:

Colin/Sarah,

I literally spent over 2 hours on the phone with a customer service rep and her supervisor a few days ago dealing with this very issue.  INI210, INI220 and INI240 no longer update as you well know.  INI235 on the other hand DOES update and continues to update.  I suspect the issue relates to the fact that INI210, INI220 and INI240 are each listed twice when you do a symbol lookup... but have different descriptions (do a search by 'tang' and you'll see what I mean).  However INI235 is only listed once.  I suspect when the system goes to retrieve the daily price, it gets confused because it finds two INI210's, INI220's and INI240's.  I was able to show this to the supervisor I worked with, but he still insisted I contact Tangerine to get this straightened out.

I'm pretty sure a call to Tangerine from me is not going to resolve the issue.  Sarah, if you wish to look at this further, my case reference is ref:_00D36JnNs._5001QiVcDK:ref

Thanks.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I'm so sorry to hear of the experience with Support and thank you for sharing the details of the contact.  I sincerely apologize that the Supervisor insisted you contact Tangerine directly regarding this problem and I have forwarded the case details to our Senior Leadership staff to review and follow-up as appropriate.

This is not an issue that can be resolved by Tangerine, as the root cause of this issue is with how Quicken is entering the data it is receiving from our providers and requires a code change in Quicken to correct. 

I pulled together some screenshots that will hopefully demonstrate what information Quicken isn't processing correctly for the INI210, 220 and 240 funds.  The "Market" details for 210, 220 and 240 is missing and from what I understand, this is what is preventing the quotes from updating correctly.  

The good news, is with the root cause identified we've already begun the work to correct the code.  Unfortunately, until the work is completed and the fix tested and released there is not a workaround to update these funds in Quicken I apologize.  

I hope this information is helpful but please let me know if there are any further questions/concerns on this issue that I can assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    PF said:

Colin/Sarah,

Thanks.

Paul.

Thank you for your response Sarah. This sounds very encouraging! I appreciate you looking into this for us as it has been a very frustrating issue. Once this has been resolved, will the fix be made available to us, or will we have to wait for a general release?

Paul
  • roch St-Vincent
    roch St-Vincent Member
    edited January 2019
    Well, it has been over 3 months now since customers have started to comment about this issue on this forum (which means that all of us unsuccessfully dealt with the Helpline prior to this).  I certainly appreciated Quicken (i.e., Sarah) getting back to us a while back, but I believe that it is time for an update on the progress made to date on the efforts to fix the problem...

Thank you in advance.

Roch 
  • DRNCan
    DRNCan Member ✭✭
    It appears this issue is beyond a few Tangerine mutual funds.  None of my CI, CIBC and MacKenzie or Tangerine funds update.  I just broke down and decided to purchase the expensive subscription after resisting for about a year.  I hope this gets resolved prior to my 30 day money back guarantee.  Sarah please provide an update ...
  • Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Any Update on this???
    Tangerine Funds are still not updating
  • Ference
    Ference Member ✭✭
    Sadly, after more than 6 months.
    Still NO fix.

It's an easy way – deleting reminder-comments and moving the thread to a new location instead of fixing the problem.

It's time to fix this !!!
    Don't you think ???
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all.

Has anyone tried making a Test File (File > New Quicken File, no mobile/web) and try adding Tangerine to see if you are able to receive new data?

Please let us know so that we can best help you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Replying to Quicken Harold: yes, I did create a new Quicken file (see bottom end of S. Sett comment for November 2018).  It did not fix the issue.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Tangerine INI240 price updated today, May 9, 2019. Better late than never!
  • You must be "the chosen one"!!!  I just tried "update" minutes ago and INI220 is still not working.  My subscription is due for renewal in 3 weeks.  After 7 months of issues since Intuit sold, i already replied to Quicken's reminder to renew that I would not and why.  No reply, as expected...  Good for you Colin!! I wish mine would work too...
  • Ference
    Ference Member ✭✭
This discussion has been closed.