Quicken 2019 from 2016

I had the 2016 version and was forced to upgrade to the 2019 considering there is no more download transaction support....which is really screwballed! All I can say is I hate, hate, hate the 2019 version. For one, you cant customize the windows like the 2016 version. The 2016 version worked GREAT for me and I am so disappointed that they turned it off!

Yes, I can still use it but I just cant download transactions from any of my banks! My finances are complicated enough without trying to figure out and reformat to the 2019 version, Im all for upgrading but DONT change the format that users are accustomed to!

I have been a Quicken user since they first came into view...20 years ago? and I have always been happy until now....But no big deal to them right? since I've paid 100's of dollars to support them. Guess it's time to go back to paper books and paper bills! Unless someone knows how to customize the windows? or home view?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sean, when did you install Q2019? Did you try to download transactions using Q2016 today? 

Regarding customizing Home screens, you should be able to do that using the Customize button. Are you not able to do that?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• George@25
    George@25 Member
    Opened today my 2016 H&B to find out it doesn't work.. Then that it was discontinued yesterday. Paid and downloaded 2019 Standard subscription ( I do not have a business anymore). Found out that a bunch of bank links are not recognised and the program gets hung up during resetting the links. In the mean time my 2016 H&B was removed from my machine. What is to be done? 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Can you specify WHAT banks?  And what, exactly, you mean by "bank links"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sean Christopher
    Sean Christopher Member ✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    Sean, when did you install Q2019? Did you try to download transactions using Q2016 today? 

Regarding customizing Home screens, you should be able to do that using the Customize button. Are you not able to do that?

I installed 2019 a few weeks ago and reverted back to 2016..was able to place everything back the way it was. Yes, I tried to download transactions today but it said as of 4/30 we can no longer do that.

The home screen on 2016 has a "Customize window" tab, on 2019 I dont see the tab...I had it set up perfectly on 2016 :-( If you can on 2019, it's limited....why didnt they just add View>classic menus>customize like they did in 2016? The pictures below show my set up...and it was great for what I need it to do....

• Sean Christopher
    Sean Christopher Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
     I wanted to update my review on Quicken 2019 for windows. After Upgrading and having issues with customizing my windows, I found out that the starter one does not have that feature to customize the windows. So, I upgraded to the next price and all is good now. I have to say that this is a powerful financial keeping program and I have to say for me the 2019 version seems to be better than the 2016 one I was having and worried. I am still putting it all together and I have run into some bugs but overall...There is a little more of a learning curve than the 2016 version but once it's all set up...it's pretty easy to handle.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Sean,

I have reopened your previous post and moved this response here!

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to let us know that you were able to resolve your issue.

I am glad that everything is working out and we appreciate the positive feedback.

Thank you!

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.