HOW DO I GET a Balance Sheet and Income Statement? Where is Portfolio?

LDoza
LDoza Member ✭✭✭
This is a just. check register and home accounts tool NOT A SMALL BUSINESS TOOL.
and nothing else. I want a BOOKEEPING Program...will have to get another I guess... FOR Any of you who used Quicken 2007 with Full List of Accounts both Asset and Liability please share if you know of one. Guess I will just have to print out all the reports I can before Apple goes to 64 bit.

Best Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    BTW, when Apple moves to 64 bit, there are several choices (some even before): 
    • One is to not upgrade the macOS. You should be able to not have to upgrade for a few years before other software stops to be compatible with Mojave. 
    • Another is install a virtual machine (VM). This is not for everyone and requires a little bit of technical know-how. But if you (or someone else for you) can set this up, you can run QM2007 isolated on Mojave (or older) running in the VM, then you will be able to upgrade macOS on the computer. There are popular choices like Parallels, VMWare Fusion, and Oracle VirtualBox (free). (If you do try this, please share any experience with others in this thread: Share your experience running QM2007 in a Virtual Machine (VM)
    • Another is to try to upgrade to QM2019 again. Have you tried re-indexing your QM2007 data file? All you have to do is press CMD-OPT-B to trigger the re-indexing (be sure to have backup copies of your data file before). Once done, you can try importing the file again.
    • Another is to use the "File > Save a copy" function in QM2007 to create a copy of you data file. If successful, this process will create a new file with all your data, cleaning up some of the internals. Then you can try importing the duplicate file into QM2019.

Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Balance Sheet (aka Net Worth aka Accounts Summary) type report and Income Statement (Income vs Expenses) aka Cash Flow aka Profit & Loss (P&L) type report.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register). Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OH THANK. YOU ALL ... Especially smayer97 .... YES RE INDEXING someone gave me that tool years ago but I forgot new password I used yesterday...

TY so much and I will go vote as soon as I catch up.
    THANKS to everyone … I hope I have a plan… When I tried to import data from 2007 yesterday it was using a back up made on High Sierra .. I now have QMAC2007 on my Mac Mini and will use for a while then try to upload into 19 again.

When it ran yesterday it went through the Anti Corruption Fixing Indexes and Headers panels so I thought it would would work,
    but it didn’t. Nothing was there but my bank balances, which linked very nicely… ..

THANKS for all the help now I am at least Optimistic I can get Quicken up and going.

I remember the last time I only had a Corrupted file… I did get help from Quicken that fixed it well enough to reload and start using.
    AND THERE IT IS FROM smayer97
    REIndexing! .. Shortcut... I know I used it 3 or 4 times in the (distant) past.

THANKS AGAIN.. YES smayer I see about a VOTE will do that soon too.
    LDOZA
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    LDoza said:
    I don't seem to see anyplace to VOTE on the Reports posts...
    You have to scroll down a little bit to the end of the first post to see the blue banner. 

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    "NOT A SMALL BUSINESS TOOL."
    No  one EVER claimed that  QMac was business  software.  Only QWin has a business product ... and it's limited.  QMac and most versions  of QWin  are "Personal Financial Software" ... note the  PERSONAL.
    Have you looked at Quickbooks, which  offers both a Mac and an Online  product? https://www.intuit.com/

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The Account Summary report will give you a full list of all asset and liability accounts and their current values.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    YES ACCOUNT SUMMARY would but I have no ACCOUNTS .. Haven’t been able to get info from 2007 yet only see bank accounts. 2007 copied from MacBook does work .. but nothing loads from the copy that works w 2007. HELP I LOVE QUICKEN.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    BTW, when Apple moves to 64 bit, there are several choices (some even before): 
    • One is to not upgrade the macOS. You should be able to not have to upgrade for a few years before other software stops to be compatible with Mojave. 
    • Another is install a virtual machine (VM). This is not for everyone and requires a little bit of technical know-how. But if you (or someone else for you) can set this up, you can run QM2007 isolated on Mojave (or older) running in the VM, then you will be able to upgrade macOS on the computer. There are popular choices like Parallels, VMWare Fusion, and Oracle VirtualBox (free). (If you do try this, please share any experience with others in this thread: Share your experience running QM2007 in a Virtual Machine (VM)
    • Another is to try to upgrade to QM2019 again. Have you tried re-indexing your QM2007 data file? All you have to do is press CMD-OPT-B to trigger the re-indexing (be sure to have backup copies of your data file before). Once done, you can try importing the file again.
    • Another is to use the "File > Save a copy" function in QM2007 to create a copy of you data file. If successful, this process will create a new file with all your data, cleaning up some of the internals. Then you can try importing the duplicate file into QM2019.

Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Balance Sheet (aka Net Worth aka Accounts Summary) type report and Income Statement (Income vs Expenses) aka Cash Flow aka Profit & Loss (P&L) type report.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register). Your VOTES matter!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    NotACPA said:
    "NOT A SMALL BUSINESS TOOL."
    No  one EVER claimed that  QMac was business  software.  
    Quicken  Mac 2007 has Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports. Many people used it to manage books for small organizations.

Quicken 2019 lacks these reports.

LDoza said:
    YES ACCOUNT SUMMARY would but I have no ACCOUNTS .. Haven’t been able to get info from 2007 yet only see bank accounts. 2007 copied from MacBook does work .. but nothing loads from the copy that works w 2007. HELP I LOVE QUICKEN.
    Your post is hard to understand. I'm not sure why you're complaining about reports in Quicken 2019 while at the same time complaining you have no data in your Quicken 2019.

Quicken 2007, and Quicken 2007 data files, work fine on macOS up through Mojave. Quicken 2019 imports Quicken 2007 data files. So what is not working for you? (I suggest you start a separate thread, with appropriate headline, if you want help with importing data from Quicken 2007 to Quicken 2019.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Quicken  Mac 2007 has Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports. Many people used it to manage books for small organizations."
    Even Quicken  doesn't claim that it's product is "Business software". IRMC

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Nonetheless, Quicken 2007 Mac had the reports the OP asked about. Quicken 2019 doesn't. OP is trying to replicate what was doable in Quicken 2007, nothing more. The answer, in this case, is that Quicken 2019 offers less in the way of reports at the current time.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OH THANK. YOU ALL ... Especially smayer97 .... YES RE INDEXING someone gave me that tool years ago but I forgot new password I used yesterday...

TY so much and I will go vote as soon as I catch up.
    THANKS to everyone … I hope I have a plan… When I tried to import data from 2007 yesterday it was using a back up made on High Sierra .. I now have QMAC2007 on my Mac Mini and will use for a while then try to upload into 19 again.

When it ran yesterday it went through the Anti Corruption Fixing Indexes and Headers panels so I thought it would would work,
    but it didn’t. Nothing was there but my bank balances, which linked very nicely… ..

THANKS for all the help now I am at least Optimistic I can get Quicken up and going.

I remember the last time I only had a Corrupted file… I did get help from Quicken that fixed it well enough to reload and start using.
    AND THERE IT IS FROM smayer97
    REIndexing! .. Shortcut... I know I used it 3 or 4 times in the (distant) past.

THANKS AGAIN.. YES smayer I see about a VOTE will do that soon too.
    LDOZA
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    SEE latest thread .. Getting this screen grab... THANKS to ALL esp smayer97 and Harold .. will go vote now.
    COPIED your instructions.
    TY again... had to sleep... WHOOT see new. screen grab.
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    So exciting.. SEE sidebar of accounts.. WANT To open and check it all out but It actually says it is trying to get Investment data... I have done that manually for YEARS... so I have no idea what it will get. ...can I stop it somehow? Or shall I just wait and see what it comes up with.
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    LDoza said:
    You have to scroll down a little bit to the end of the first post to see the blue banner. 

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    QMAC19 is AMAZING TRULY AMAZING ... It has every entry I have made since 1991!
    I had to fake some Investment transactions as of 1994 when I first started doing them manually to get actual CASH balance right....
    But now those accounts are wn $200 each... and had to find PORTFOLIO view and its there and you can keep actual columns you use... .
    and now with it using actual CHECKING and Credit Balances from my bank! No more need to Reconcile (Just Remember when you HIDE closed accounts where to find them again..Heck I had 10 cars on my list some I don't even remember!
    WILL go back and review Report VOTE question. but since I am a NEWBIE here I don't think I can vote. Didn't see any small grey triangle near or question ..
    THANKS AGAIN for all who helped get me UP and RUNNING and I guess I should do a 'YELP' or other REC ... to let folks know.
    LET ME KNOW WHERE PREFERRED PLACE is to do that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you got your data file up and running. For voting, you need to scroll down a little to the bottom of the first post to see a blue banner.

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I finally got that.. It was confusing cuz you all to Vote at the TOP...ah well.. I am just so enamored of this newest QMAC ...it'll be a while before I decide to complain.. AND I actually don't know why they don't already have Income Statements and Balance Sheets as they. have accounts via ASSETS, LIABILITIES, INCOME and EXPENSE ..
This discussion has been closed.