When will Home & Business for MAC be avail?

Or, will Quicken for MAC at least import all transactions from windows H+B?

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Bill Robertson There was never a Home & Business version for the legacy Quicken Mac; it was Windows-only. The re-written Quicken Mac still lacks some of the features from the legacy Mac product and the Windows product, and the development efforts have been focused over the past 5 years on building out the features of Quicken Mac Deluxe/Premier, all of which would be necessary underpinnings for a H&B version.

Whether there will be a H&B version for Mac in the future is something no one except Quicken management knows -- and so far, they aren't saying.

You can visit this thread about H&B for the Mac, and cast your vote for it (in the blue box under the first post, click the little gray triangle under the vote counter). As you can see, the thread has more than 200 votes, and the developers have marked it "Under Consideration". But whether there will be a H&B for Mac, and if so, when, can only be guessed. 

Quicken Mac currently will import your Windows data file, but it will lose any of the data that's related to the H&B functionality.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Quicken Mac currently will import your Windows data file, but it will lose any of the data that's related to the H&B functionality. "
    Meaning that your H&B accounts will become just regular accounts in QMac .... without any of the H&B functionality.  No data will be lost.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    NotACPA said:
    Meaning that your H&B accounts will become just regular accounts in QMac .... without any of the H&B functionality.  No data will be lost.
    Is that true? I honestly don't know, because I've never used H&B, so I don't know what additional data structures may exist -- but I know there things like are estimates and invoices and statements and leases, and that some of that information would be lost if moving to Quicken Mac.

Put another way, if Quicken were to come out with a Home & Business version for Mac, would someone who had converted from Quicken Windows H&B then be able to suddenly see their invoices, leases, receivables, etc. again, because all that data is still in their file, or is that all lost in the move to the Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.