How do I completely erase imported transactions from q2007 Mac? I want to start fresh.

How do I completely erase imported transactions from q2007 Mac? I want to start fresh. Using the current version.
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.

Best Answer

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more info...What version are you wanting to use?

How were the data imported and where are they currently?

The simpliest is that tou can simply create a new data file but not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry for not being clear and asking a seemingly very dumb question. I wanted to reimport a 2007 file. I tried it and it duplicated all the previous transactions. I was not sure where the file was saved and eventually found it in ~/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents/[document].quicken.

BTW, I have. been a Quicken 2007 user since 1997 - not quite as long as you.. Before that it was Dollars and Cents with my first Mac in 1984 which I bought at Mac World (?) in Moscone Center that year. I remain amazed as to how reliable Q2007 has been through crashes and subsequent recovery. Looking forward to learning this new one. Transitioning on 1/1/20.
    Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Glad you found your file. To be sure, to re-import your data, you need to select File > New and select to import the QM2007 data again. This will import the data into a new data file.

FYI, QMac has the ability to re-import multiple QM2007 data files into one. That is what happened to you. You accidentally re-imported the QM2007 data file into an existing data file (your first import of QM2007) thereby creating duplicates of everything.

To help you along in the attempt to migrate to new QMac, do read the following to see if anything applies to you.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.