totals and subtotals to appear at the end of transactions

Options
how to have all totals and subtotals for items show at the end, not at the beginning

Best Answer

Answers

• dearnsc1
    dearnsc1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. As a retired Accountant as well as Math teacher, this makes absolutely no sense. Not a happy camper. I used Quick Books for years, but really didn't need anything with payroll, so I switched. As I said, so far after using Quicken, I am not happy with this product.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Quicken does that on reports where you can collapse the categories so you can see the subtotals when the details are collapsed. 

Some reports work differently. For example the Itemized Categories report has the subtotals at the top but the similar Income and Expense by Category report has them at the bottom.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer it this way.  When collapsed, since the amount is on the same line as payee/category and requires no reformatting of the information when the detail is hidden, so it shows more subtotals/total on a screen without having to regenerate.
    It may not be what we are used to, but it is a cleaner process IMHO.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only cleaner for on screen use but for readability and convention, it is not. But one reason this was done is for easier programming...one design for screen and print with this feature to collapse. But flies in the face of convention used by financial reports everywhere, including accountants.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.