Calendar pop-up defaults to Dec 31, 2999 (or 1899 or 1900) (Q Mac)

Answers

• absaroka
    absaroka Member ✭✭
    Yes it is only happening in the popup calendar. I will either type in the corrected date if need be and I did try clicking on the today tab twice and it worked. Hopefully they get it fixed in the next update. Thank you Frank for your time and the information.

Allen
  • 2527roy
    2527roy Member ✭✭
    When opening the date field and then the calendar icon, it shows Jan 1990 and not the current month. If you don't pay attention this may lead to moving a transaction backward to January 1990
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, Allen - happy to help!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @absaroka  Please just read the comments in this thread; the answer on how to work around this bug has been posted multiple times above. In the date field, simply type "t" (or click the "today" button) and the calendar will jump to today's date. It's as simple as that to work around: press "t". 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • molashjj
    molashjj Member
    I cannot change any dates in my register after updating to Quicken Deluxe 2020 Mac version 5.15.2. I am running macOS 10.15.3
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Can you provide more info. How are you trying to change dates? Existing transactions only or new ones too? What happens, exactly, when you try to change a date? Screenshots or video captures would be helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • molashjj
    molashjj Member
    Any date change whether existing or new transaction. Just trying to manual change the month, day or year. The calendar drop down defaults to Jan 1900. I can select from the calendar drop down but would have to scroll all the way to 2020.
  • jacobs
    @molashjj  As the many posts above this show, this is a bug which was introduced in the recent 5.15.2 release. Quicken will undoubtedly fix it soon, but in the meantime it's easy to work around: just type "t" (for "today") and the calendar will jump to today's date.
  • robjcaldera
    robjcaldera Member ✭✭
    It's an easy workaround if you want to use the current date but for any other date you then need to type it in instead of selecting it from the calendar....and often you don't know the day (e.g. you know it needs to be next Monday, for example) so having the calendar feature is helpful.

Obviously, this is not a critical function but it shouldn't be downplayed either. It's kind of worrisome that something so basic, which has been there forever, broke from an update.
  • paulcarson412
    paulcarson412 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. What a pain.
  • PershPerson
    PershPerson Member ✭✭
    Just adding mu 2 cents.... happening to me as well
  • jacobs
    It's an easy workaround if you want to use the current date but for any other date you then need to type it in instead of selecting it from the calendar....and often you don't know the day (e.g. you know it needs to be next Monday, for example) so having the calendar feature is helpful.
    @robjcaldera  No, you can use the calendar. Type "t" to jump the calendar to today, then press + or - to move forward or back one day and the calendar will jump to that day -- so you can use the calendar just as you normally would.

No one's downplaying it -- but when there is an easy workaround like this, it's not worth getting too upset over, either. It's probably a single line, maybe a single character of code that broke something, and since the 5.15.2 update was a minor one that was quickly released to fix a few bugs in the 5.15.1, it clearly wasn't caught in the limited testing they did. Should it have happened? No. Does s--t happen? Yes. Fortunately, this doesn't corrupt anyone's data, nor prevent anyone from using the program pretty much normally (once you know how to work around it), and presumably they'll have a .3 release soon to fix this bug.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Some interesting observations about the workaround. I just played with it a bit because I never use the popup calendar normally. It seems the "t" doesn't work when you first pop up the calendar. You have to click the "Today" button on the calendar. Or, if you first use one of the other keyboard shortcuts (eg. +, -, m, h, etc) then the "t" works after that. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Tom Maxwell
    Tom Maxwell Member ✭✭
    Every time I go to enter a date the calendar goes back to January 1900. it just started happening. Does anyone else have this problem? Can never get anyone at Quicken Support.
  • jacobs
    @RickO  Yup, that's what I posted above:
    Type "t" to jump the calendar to today, then press + or - to move forward or back one day and the calendar will jump to that day -- so you can use the calendar just as you normally would.
    Regarding your observation, clicking the Today button in the calendar doesn't always work. When I click the Today button, it simply sets the date field to today and closes the calendar pop-up window; clicking the calendar icon again repeats the same issue. So for someone who wants to pick "next Monday" from the calendar, I think the sure-fire way is to press "t" then "+" and then the calendar is set to this month and can be used normally. Actually, today I'm seeing that just clicking "+" or "–" does the trick -- no need to press "t" first".

(I would also swear that this behavior has changed since this problem first surfaced at the end of last week, but since this functionality must be in the local code and is not server-based where Quicken could have changed something, I must be hallucinating. Too much time indoors? :) )

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jacobs, regarding "When I click the Today button, it simply sets the date field to today and closes the calendar pop-up window". I'm still using 5.15.1 so I haven't seen this, but I can confirm that this is not how it works in all prior releases. I often set the calendar to "Today" and then need to back it up a day or two and the calendar has never closed on its own. I assume this will also be fixed in the next update.
  • Rich
    Rich Member ✭✭
    When routinely entering checks in register, the calendar feature is defaulting to 1900s. Clearly a bug. Any update?
  • richardspda
    richardspda Member ✭✭✭
    ugh - same here. seems a bank register program could get the date correct ;-)
  • Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Pop up calendar is broken. Defaults to January 1, 1900 for me. If I click the Today button it changes to today's date and the month calendar remains open. I can select a date from the mini calendar but when I release and reopen the calendar it again defaults to January 1, 1900. Clearly a bug with the latest update to 5.15.2 Hope someone is working to fix this.
  • Steve Lawton
    Steve Lawton Member ✭✭
    Me too.
  • Diplodocus
    Diplodocus Member
    Yep I am having same issue after today's update to the 5.15.2 build Mac user. I get a pop up calendar with December 1899. Hoping that Quicken community comments can get with programmers to send out a fix soon. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.
  • I can't not add a date for this year using the calendar
  • My registers calendar is using the date Jan 1900 and I can't select the appropriate date.
  • jacobs
    PLEASE READ the answers above before posting. Yes, there is a bug in the calendar in the recent 5.15.2 release. When the calendar shows it's in 1900, press the + sign to jump it to 2020. That's it. One key; problem solved (well, worked around). We assume the bug will be fixed in the next release, but in the meantime, it's really simple to work around.
  • seylopez
    seylopez Member ✭✭
    For any transaction, the calendar drop down selection defaults to Jan 1, 1900. One work around is to select "Today" or manually change any part of the date field to get the current calendar displayed. Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100)
  • KBelle
    KBelle Member
    I noticed that too. It is awful to do that every time. Is there a plan to fi it?
  • youneedhelp
    youneedhelp Member
    When manually entering a new transaction the default date is very old, not the current date. How do I get the initial date default to today's date?
  • rdviiQC
    rdviiQC Member
    Since the Quicken for Mac Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100) was released, whenever you go and use the calendar on a transaction, the default month is "Dec 1899"!
  • DavidClarke
    DavidClarke Member ✭✭
    In Quicken Deluxe for Mac 2020 - Version 5.15.2 - when i open the calendar in a transaction, it defaults to 1/1/1900. Why?? Fix? This started within the past few months. I can't seem to find a way to make the transaction's calendar open to the current month.
This discussion has been closed.