Calendar pop-up defaults to Dec 31, 2999 (or 1899 or 1900) (Q Mac)

124»

Answers

• BaubRo
    BaubRo Member ✭✭
    When editing or adding a transaction in the above version of Quicken Mac Subscription, clicking on the calendar in the date field shows the date to be December 31, 1899. Thus, the user can either click on “Today” to get the current date or type in a different date. They cannot use the calendar to select a date unless they want to do a lot of clicking to move forward over a century.
    Was this someone’s idea of a joke or did the development team not test the date field operation in the new update?
  • ehurztirf
    ehurztirf Member
    The date picker is now defaulting to the year 1900. Is anyone else seeing this problem with Quicken for Mac version 5.15.2?
  • Charles Raines
    Charles Raines Member ✭✭
    When entering a date for a transaction, clicking on the small calendar on the right side of the date window shows a calendar for 1899. Selecting “todays date” displays the correct date. To select a date from the calendar however I must scroll through 120 years. Any suggestions?
  • Charles Raines
    Charles Raines Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem. No solution yet.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DavidClarke @rdviiQC @youneedhelp @KBelle PLEASE READ the answers above before posting in a thread. To repeat (and apologies to anyone else who is following this thread):
    • Yes, there is a bug in the calendar in the recent 5.15.2 release
    • Yes, Quicken is aware of it. We don't know, but assume the bug will be fixed in the next release.
    • It's simple to work around. When the calendar shows it's in 1900, press the + sign to jump it to 2020. That's it. One key; problem solved (well, worked around). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Yes, there are many dozens of identical reports in this thread:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871694/calendar-pop-up-defaults-to-dec-31-2999-or-1899-or-1900-q-mac/p1

As posted multiple times ion that thread:
    • Yes, there is a bug in the calendar in the recent 5.15.2 release
    • Yes, Quicken is aware of it. We don't know, but assume the bug will be fixed in the next release.
    • It's simple to work around. When the calendar shows it's in 1900, press the + sign to jump it to 2020. That's it. One key; problem solved (well, worked around). 
  • jford0147
    jford0147 Member
    The new update was released two days ago. With the new Mac Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100), when I try to enter a new transaction, the data field shows the current date correctly, but the the pop up calendar shows 01/01/1900. I don't feel like advancing 1440+ times to get to March of 2020 for each new transaction. Quicken support, online and by telephone, is not available. There are no areas online or in the app to correct this that I found. How do I fix this if Quicken cannot? I have a screen shot, but of course, there is no place to attach a screenshot.
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please see the reply in this thread
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jacobs  I think what's happening with people who appear to be posting without reading the thread is that their stand-alone posts on this subject were merged here. When they originally posted, there was nothing for them to read. (Would have been good if they searched before posting new threads on this.) I'm not sure what kind of notification Vanilla gives them when their posts are merged.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    @RickO  Yes, I realize that's what's happening. I did change the language in my new posts yesterday so it doesn't sound like I'm scolding anyone. ;)  And yes, it would be great if users skimmed the site for existing topics, but because of all the announcement clutter on the home page for users who don't know how to clear announcements, it does require a bit of scrolling to get to this topic. Search, which can be hit or miss on this site, finds this pretty easily. (Searching "calendar mac" or even just "calendar" finds this thread immediately.)

Here's what would help more, directed to the Moderators:

(1) Why doesn't a bug like this, which has been verified and reported to PD merit an alert on this site? It affects many more people than individual financial institutions, for which alerts are frequently made.

(2) When threads are merged, I don't think the user gets a notification on this site -- so merging posts doesn't serve to inform the user, it only keeps the site tidier. It would help if moderators posted a reply in new threads created by users reporting this same bug over and over, and then removed your reply and merged the thread (or visa versa).

Thanks.
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    I think I may have found a solution. In Preferences>Language & Region>Advanced>Dates, change the year on Short from 76 to 1976. This makes my calendar correct. It stayed correct after I quit and re-opened Quicken. Please let me know if this will mess up something else.

Quicken 5.15.2 MacOS 10.14.6
  • elott123
    elott123 Member ✭✭
    THANK YOU for fixing the calendar!!
This discussion has been closed.