We can install one license of Quicken on up to three computers. Can one be Window and one be Mac?

My wife uses a Mac Book Air. I have a Surface Pro running Windows 10. Do we need one license or two?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One license.  And no one is "counting" anyway.
    NOTE, however, that QWin and QMac use entirely different file formats ... so the data between them isn't interchangeable.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the current Subscription model - you can have as many as you want within your household - and both Windows and Mac can be used.
    Once you purchase the current Subscription version, and create your Quicken User ID - you will have access on the Quicken website to download both the Windows and Mac versions...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• theiler
    theiler Member
    No problem on sharing data. Different projects. The problem is somewhere along the way Quicken is renewing her license in January and mine in March, thereby we paid $49.xx twice.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    theiler said:
    My wife uses a Mac Book Air. I have a Surface Pro running Windows 10. Do we need one license or two?
    Well - based on your last posting.... you failed to mention that you already had TWO Quicken installs running....   

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• theiler
    theiler Member
    We have both up and running. It appears I need to get Quicken to fix the billing and refund one of the licenses or extend the time
  • theiler
    theiler Member
    Did not mean to mislead you. To select a category I chose the one that best fit.
This discussion has been closed.