File/Print Budgets command quit exporting to Excel

margin5
margin5 Member ✭✭
I was successfully exporting a budget I just created to Excel. I had done it multiple times when is suddenly stopped exporting the budget values and was only exporting the monthly column headers. I have restarted my pc to no avail. Any solutions appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @margin5

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and release you are currently running.

Are you exporting multiple budgets or the same budget multiple times? If the same budget did something else occur that caused the same budget to need to be re-exported?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record:
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

• margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    I'm running Windows 10 Quicken 2020, R25.21, Build 27.1.25.21. I was exporting the same budget, usually after I made a change to the budget. I've attached my output after exporting to an Excel format.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @margin5

Thank you for the response and for providing a screenshot of the issue.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

After this process has been completed, please attempt to export the budget once more and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    no problems in the validate and repair. I've attached the report. no changes in the output either. i did talk for a while with support on the phone and they could not solve it either. i also reinstalled the software with no change. i can live with it by exporting a report to excel and stripping out the unneeded columns.
  • marksteadham
    marksteadham Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem!!! Exports headers only. No data.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @marksteadham,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in March of 2020, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.