Using a new activation code to extend a current subscription of Quicken Deluxe

My current Quicken Deluxe subscription expires in May 2020. Last week I purchased an Activation Code online from Costco for a 12-month subscription of Quicken Deluxe.

The rep on the Quicken Support Chat Line told me that if I entered the new Code today, my new 12 months would begin today and NOT simply be added to my existing subscription so as to expire in May 2021.

I have seen replies on this Board that are contrary to the answer I was provided.

I will appreciate hearing of the Community's first-hand (not anecdotal) experience about this matter.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ajay2020 ,

Flagged for Quicken Support Moderators.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

A membership can only be extended in the last six months of a subscription term. You can extend a subscription term by redeeming an activation code in a retail copy. However, this also can only be done in the last six months of your current subscription term. Therefore, multiple terms cannot be purchased and used at once to extend a membership. Retail purchases: Activation codes expire 24 months after being generated.

Quicken subscriptions extend at the current subscription price. For subscription pricing information, click here

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ajay2020
    Ajay2020 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Greg_the_Geek,

I may have missed the nuance of your reply, but I'm not sure it directly addressed my specific question. I do understand that my current Quicken Deluxe can only be extended within it's last 6 months but that is not an issue as mine expires in approximately 5 weeks.

Quicken Chat Support says that my Costco-purchased Activation Code (for 12 months of Quicken Deluxe) will NOT actually extend my subscription. Rather, it will simply begin a new 12-month subscription period beginning on the day I use the Activation Code. If that's the case, there is zero value to input my new Costco code at anytime prior to the expiration date of my current subscription. It would actually be a negative value to use it now.

I am looking for first-hand experiences from the Community who have used a Costco-purchased Activation Code prior to the expiration of their existing subscription. Did the new subscription Expiration Date become 12 months from the date when it was first entered into Quicken? Or did the new subscription Expiration Date become 12 months after the end of the current subscription's expiration date?
  • Ajay2020
    Ajay2020 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Quicken Anja.

I appreciate you giving me the correct answer. I do hope that Quicken will locate the person who gave me the incorrect information and counsel her in this matter.

Ajay2020
  • ElSidney
    ElSidney Member
    edited April 2020
    [removed - disruptive/off-topic]
    I need no on-line services. Now or ever.
  • bethalito
    bethalito Member
    I encourage Quicken to do the right thing and allow customers to remove the banner & the advertising if they choose not to renew. By not allowing the customer to remove it, the company just loses a customer. Be better Quicken. My business is small now. I do not need yearly updates, but I expect to be able to access patches to glitches not caused by me. How much money do you need?
  • andrewben
    andrewben Member
    Hi. Couldn't find an answer for this on a couple searches.

I have a Quicken Premier (Windows) subscription that ends in May. A couple months ago, I bought a download of Premier from a well known tech company.

Using that product key, how do I extend my current subscription?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it called  - an Activation Code - and should have been sent to you -
    If so, I believe you should be able to enter it into your Quicken,
    and it should then extend your subscription -
    check your existing status ..... Help --> About Quicken
    then enter your code ..... Help --> Enter Activation Code

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• andrewben
    andrewben Member
    Ah, thanks for those pointers. I do have a code from my purchase. Quicken Premier looks like it's asking for digits, but may take alpha chars. I haven't yet tried it because...

With a few weeks time left, if I were to enter my new code, will the new subscription extend my current subscription (no overlap)? Or will the application start from the day I entered the code for the term, not taking into account what's left in my current subscription?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @andrewben If you are within 6 months of your subscription expiring, the activation code will extend your current subscription.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • andrewben
    andrewben Member
    Super thanks to you both, that worked and I'm extended my subscription. Cool!
This discussion has been closed.