Will I still be able to import into Quicken 2017 transactions from QDF files my Bank creates

Options
I do not use the auto download transaction feature. I export transactions from my bank as QDF files and then import those into Quicken 2017. WIll I still be able to do this without converting to the membership model? If I do opt for membership, will the Quicken data file format change such that the bank would not be able to export transactions for import, thereby requiring Quicken's auto download process?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    (Edited to correct QDF to QFX.  I posted this reply before I'd had enough morning coffee. :smile: )
    Exporting QDF QFX files from your FI and importing them into Quicken is called Web Connect.  It is one of the 3 connection methods that Quicken offers (the others are Direct Connect and Express Web Connect).  If you do not upgrade to Subscription when Quicken 2017 discontinues on 4/30/2020 all 3 connection methods will cease for you.  So, no, you will not be able to manually download/import QDF QFX files from your FIs.
    After your upgrade to Subscription you will be able to continue using Web Connect just like you do now. You will not need to use Quicken's other auto download options if you don't want to.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @rkurzon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your concern.

I believe you are referring to your bank's QFX files (QDF files are Quicken master data files, not import/export files). To answer your question-- yes, QFX files will also be discontinued as part of the Discontinuation Policy with Quicken 2017.

Please, review this support article to verify this. This topic, in particular, you will find under the first blue dropdown section titled "What is discontinuation? What Quicken services will be discontinued?". Feel free to read through the rest of the article for any additional information regarding the Discontinuation Policy as well.

However, as for your second questions-- upgrading to the Quicken subscription model does not change the QFX format from the bank. You will still be able to download your bank transactions via export/import from the bank if you do not wish to auto-download from Quicken.

Hope this answers your questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• inphoenix
    inphoenix Member ✭✭
    Options
    this is terrible. I used to be able to import .qfx files from locally downloaded files. I need to find another program. I so fed up with Quicken. You hold us in prison if we do not upgrade and pay you $$$$. Shame on you, Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.