Can't access connected services on second computer

Just renewed my membership and verified that it says on my Quicken account that I am paid thru 3/31/2021. Quicken works normally on my main computer but I am unable to use connected services on my laptop. I get the error window that "Your Quicken Connected Services have expired." The same thing happens if I try to update thru the Help Menu. I know that I am authorized to use the program on both desktop & laptop.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Best Answer

• Frank5
    Frank5 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ultimately, I answered my own question. I removed the copy of Quicken on the laptop and reinstalled the latest version downloaded from the website. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try logging out and back in.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different User
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank ,

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

If your Quicken Version is Quicken 2020, then go under Help, click on Check Membership Status.

That fixes your problem, without needing to sign out and back in.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Frank5
    Frank5 Member ✭✭✭
    Signed out & in several times, no joy. Quicken version on laptop is 2016 Premier that has been updated all along just like the desktop until I renewed. The desktop now says version 2020. Laptop version doesn't have all the options under Help that ver. 2020 does. I'm thinking that I need to download 2020 and reinstall in order for this to work.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank said:
    Signed out & in several times, no joy. Quicken version on laptop is 2016 Premier that has been updated all along just like the desktop until I renewed. The desktop now says version 2020. Laptop version doesn't have all the options under Help that ver. 2020 does. I'm thinking that I need to download 2020 and reinstall in order for this to work.

Yes, youo do.  Download and install subscription Quicken on the laptop and all will be well.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frank5
    Frank5 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ultimately, I answered my own question. I removed the copy of Quicken on the laptop and reinstalled the latest version downloaded from the website. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)
This discussion has been closed.