Increase maximum number of securities from 2000 to next level

Options
busarch3
busarch3 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments
Please open up one more bit to increase the limit 8 fold - some of us have 30 years of data in quicken and are running against the 2000 securities limit. Thanks.
19 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Until the programmers find a way to implement your request please review this relatively new feature: Archive Investment Transactions.
    It might make it possible to lighten the load on your active investment account(s).
    Whatever you do, please be sure to have or create a backup of your Quicken data file before you get started and/or work with a copy of your data file until you are sure the results are good.

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.
    Adding extra comments helps, but does not increment the vote count.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is not clear to me what the current situation is for the historical "2000 trackable security" limit.  To my knowledge, no one has ever defined 'trackable'. 

The subscription program validation routines now make reference to 5000.  "Normal security references (up to 5000)"  No one has clarified if that replaces the 2000 limit or has some other meaning or is even a limit. 

Several users have cited their files as having significantly more than 2000 securities in the database. 

All in all, very much is unknown.      
  • Robert Ruman
    Options
    Would someone please clarify this limit? After 25 years of using Quicken, I have 1950 securities and don't want the program to freeze.
  • Doug Giannotti
    Doug Giannotti Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Bueller, Bueller

• Mo B
    Mo B Member
    Options

Definitely needs to update security limits if Quicken is going to compete with new products

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Out of curiosity I created a small program that created a QIF file that has 4000 securities in it and imported that into Quicken, and it did that with no problems.

So, the "limit" isn't just how many securities you have. What they mean by "trackable" is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if no one even the developers know what that means.

Typically, the performance problems with lots of securities/security lots/transactions comes up way before anyone hits this limit.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/