2017 Discontinuation & Web File Imports

Options
I made this account for the sole purpose of expressing my complete and utter disappointment and anger at Quicken. Getting messages that downloading transactions from financial institutions are no longer going to work is one thing -- I don't use the built-in download feature anyway because IT'S ALWAYS BROKEN. But counting the downloading of files from your financial institutions' websites MANUALLY and trying to import them into Quicken as part of the "download features" of this product is downright asinine. I get that you want to make more money with a subscription model. But you're flat-out shutting off features that my version of your product handles just fine. It's extortion and I am SO done with you, Quicken. You will not get a cent more from me, and I'll be sure to tell all of my friends and relatives to stay the [profanity removed] away from your product. Whoever made this brilliant business decision can go to [profanity removed].
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's still an "online activity", because Q "calls home" to see if your product is still under support AND to see if the file was produced by a "Participating Financial Institution".  Your QW2017 failed that 1st test.
    I.E., you're trying to claim a difference where, in reality, there is none.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And it's always been that way.  You always had to upgrade every 3 years to continue getting online services.  That's nothing new.  

Quicken Discontinuation Policy

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• DJJones
    DJJones Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still using Quicken H&B 2017, which I bought. Today, a pop-up offered me an UPDATE and I refused it because my understanding is that it is updates are no longer SUPPORTED. Is that non-support situation changing or has it changed?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DJJones ,

Read this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

You did not include the R# you are at using Quicken 2017. The Latest version is #R20.2 for Quicken 2017.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DJJones There are a couple of possible "updates" I can think that they might send to Quicken 2017 users.  One would be the patch update to the latest version.  From what I have seen while installing Quicken 2017 these are still going out (but probably not for much longer).  The other is they are offering (advertising) to get you to buy Quicken Subscription.  Without seeing that the message said isn't possible to know which one you got.  Well actually if you do as @thecreator suggests and you are at the latest release version then most likely it isn't a patch update.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.