I paid Quicken in March for the "membership" but now it says I need to subscribe. What did I buy?

Quicken Premier 2017. I paid $49.15 for something. What was it? it obviously wasn't what was represented in the link....the ability to continue downloading transactions. I do not like this situation.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To install the Quicken subscription, I suggest you download and open: https://download.quicken.com/windows/Quicken.exe

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, do you remember which website you bought from in March?
    And, as @Sherlock indicated, making the purchase isn't sufficient when upgrading for the 1st time to Q Subscription.  You also need to download and install the product.
    After you've installed Q Subscription, going forward, you should only need to pay for future extensions of your subscription and Q itself will handle things from there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• nakdoc
    nakdoc Member ✭✭
    Here is my acknowledgement:

Thank you for your Quicken purchase. Your Quicken Deluxe has been successfully activated on 3/22/2020. You have an active membership to Quicken Deluxe that will renew automatically on 3/22/2021 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes).
    Membership: Deluxe
    End Date: 3/22/2021

Auto-renew: Enabled
    Renewal Date 3/22/2021

So today I try to get what I paid for, and, wouldn't you know it, I cannot login. The first attempt locked my account. This is very BAD behavior. I need a sentient human being to get my Quicken working again or I will complain loudly. Having no direct customer service is stupid, to put it bluntly.
  • nakdoc
    nakdoc Member ✭✭
    Just now I downloaded the Install.exe file posted by Sherlock. After backing up I installed it. Right away I was able to log into my account, and Quicken now performs the One Step Update from my bank.
    What would help is a FAQ for us old people that says something like "There is a cookie in your computer based Quicken that will automatically verify and enable the Quicken subscription." I was expecting something much more complicated would need to be done.
    On the matter of telephone support, the number appears on one of the screens during updating. I guess you can't see it until you pay?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    nakdoc said:
    Here is my acknowledgement:

Thank you for your Quicken purchase. Your Quicken Deluxe has been successfully activated on 3/22/2020. You have an active membership to Quicken Deluxe that will renew automatically on 3/22/2021 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes).
    Membership: Deluxe
    End Date: 3/22/2021

Auto-renew: Enabled
    Renewal Date 3/22/2021

So today I try to get what I paid for, and, wouldn't you know it, I cannot login. The first attempt locked my account. This is very BAD behavior. I need a sentient human being to get my Quicken working again or I will complain loudly. Having no direct customer service is stupid, to put it bluntly.

What do you meant by try to get what I paid for and where are you attempting to login?

To contact Quicken Support, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Note:  They have announced modified hours: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871754/fyi-quicken-support-hours-of-operation#latest
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    nakdoc said:
    Just now I downloaded the Install.exe file posted by Sherlock. After backing up I installed it. Right away I was able to log into my account, and Quicken now performs the One Step Update from my bank.
    What would help is a FAQ for us old people that says something like "There is a cookie in your computer based Quicken that will automatically verify and enable the Quicken subscription." I was expecting something much more complicated would need to be done.
    On the matter of telephone support, the number appears on one of the screens during updating. I guess you can't see it until you pay?
    I agree.  Quicken has not done a good job of explaining how to install, to upgrade from pre-subscription versions of their product, or to extend the subscription.  The information's there.  It's just not well organized.  
This discussion has been closed.