Can You Customize The Columns on The Account Overview Screen? (7 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Investments
Using Quicken 2019 on a Windows 10 computer.  When I open an Investment Account, and click on the "Holdings" box (upper left-ish corner), I get the "Account Overview" screen which shows how many shares of each security I own, the cost basis, the current market value, etc.  I would like to permanently adjust the width of some of the columns, and add a few columns to this view, including a column which shows the yield on the security, including dividends (as opposed to the capital gain which is what I see in the default view and which is only part of the story for any given security.)  I'd like to get rid of some silly columns, such as "Day Gain/Loss" which I don't care about.  Is there a way to do this?  I am able to change the layout of the "Portfolio" view but cannot figure out how to customize the "Account Overview".  (BTW, the "Customize" button is not the answer)
12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately you can't customize the data shown in the Account Overview, other than the four preset views (Value, Recent performance, Historic performance, and Tax Implications) that you can pick at the top left.

The place to customize this data would be in the Investing Performance views. You can choose the columns you want and group these by account, or set up a view to show a single account.

You might want to repost this as an Idea, which will allow others to vote for it and hopefully get the attention of the powers that be. One way to implement this would be to add a "Custom" choice to the dropdown list of standard views, and let users customize it just like in the Portfolio views, but restrict it to the current account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Tell you what ... I'll get this post changed into an "Idea". No need to post separately.

The programmers really need to do something to make Quicken remember the column width settings in this Account Overview / Holdings view.
    Adding better customization capabilities would be a plus.

If you like this Idea, please click the VOTE button on top of this webpage. Every vote counts.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks!
  • Richard Burke
    Richard Burke Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Tell you what ... I'll get this post changed into an "Idea". No need to post separately.

The programmers really need to do something to make Quicken remember the column width settings in this Account Overview / Holdings view.
    Adding better customization capabilities would be a plus.

If you like this Idea, please click the VOTE button on top of this webpage. Every vote counts.

AND the column order
  • Not being able to customize this screen has become an issue for me now. My advisor monthly reports are listing holdings by ticker id. There is no way to add the ticker id and sort them in the view, so it takes longer that necessary to valid the advisor report. In addition, the security names are becoming so long an varied they to not necessarily display the same as what is on the advisor's report.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can't customize the Account Overview screen, but as noted above you can adjust the column widths and display the same info and add the ticker by customizing an Investing > Portfolio view.

Also you can rename the securities in Quicken to match the names your advisor uses. They do not need to be the same as the downloaded names.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please re-read my earlier comment.
    The Holdings view still needs some fixing. The Name column is too wide. Changing its size is not remembered from one invocation to the next.
    Additional customization options, as discussed above, would be helpful, as long as they are also remembered from one invocation to the next.
    Please discuss with the programmers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't consider this a feature request.

It is a BUG that the column widths are not saved.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭

Count me in as a YES vote since implementation of these suggested enhancements are long overdue. For all Quicken reports and search results, minimally enable User-selected fields and adjustable column widths and ability to save such attributes for all and selected reports in their Quicken. Another feature should provide Users with way to sort EVERY column instead of the restricted fields currently allowed by Quicken. (Sorry, cannot remember specific examples.) Also, please include ability to sort more than one field in way that User can prioritize their relative importance. Program features like these will greatly improve User productivity and greatly reduce frustrations of exporting and manipulation in a non-Quicken environment. Please!

• Yes.

Add ticker symbol column.