Quicken contact box when I open Quicken

Whenever I open Quicken I get a box with 2 topics to select. One is "contact support" and the other is "link to quicken support". I can just close it and continue, but I wasn't geting it when I first loaded it 3 days ago. Quicken 2017 on new Windows 10 laptop. Is there a way to not get this message?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @billjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.

Can you see if there is a small checkbox in the bottom-left or -right corner that says Remind me later? If so, and it's checked, you can uncheck it to stop the message from repopulating. If not, would you be able to provide a screenshot so I can take a look at it, please?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your very prompt response. No little box as you mentioned, hopefully this will work showing what I get. Thanks, Bill
  • Quicken Anja
    edited July 2020
    Thank you for providing the screenshot. 

Personally, this is the first I have seen this. I know you said you are using Quicken 2017, could you provide the version number you are running as well, please?
    • Help > About Quicken

-Quicken Anja

• billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    OK, before I was getting this (pic I first sent), I was getting this box (the one I attached here)... That one stopped today and I started getting the first one I sent. As far as the version, please don't laugh, but I'm kind of ignorant as to where to find that although I did look all over the packaging, disc and properties on the computer.
  • billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    It is the Deluxe for Windows if that helps.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Version number, that Anja requested, please do HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    OK, says R20.5 that sound coreect?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R20.5 is the latest, and last, update to QW2017.
    BUT, you might try downloading, and then re-installing, that Mondo patch from here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Be SURE that you get the R20.5 Mondo for 2017, and not another patch for a different year.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    Even though my wife is only using it for her banking, I'm starting to think maybe I should have just bought QW 2020. I just wonder if my QW 2010 backup data will load to the 2020. I was told it might not so I went with the 2017
  • Quicken Anja
    @billjr, I agree with @NotACPA in trying his suggestion about the mondo patch first.

Otherwise, you can also try doing a clean uninstall/reinstall by thoroughly following the instructions found in this support article to see if that resolves the issue.

As for Quicken 2020, I'm not sure who informed you that Quicken 2010 does not convert to Quicken 2020, however, that information is false. Quicken 2010 is compatible to convert to Quicken 2020 without requiring any intermediate versions.

If you would like more information on converting to the latest program, you can review this support article for that.

-Quicken Anja

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I have seen the "too many datasets" error reported on here the answer has always been.  "You need to contact Quicken support, only they can fix the problem" (and it wasn't clear that they actually could fix the problem).

And the problem stemmed around too many "Quicken cloud account files", where no one had any ideas about how many was too many.  And frankly I'm not sure the problem was even really understood, but the believe seemed to be that it was tied into the Quicken cloud accounts associated with the Quicken Id, not actually anything on the user's machine.  Given this is for Quicken 2017 which isn't supported, I don't know if Quicken support would do anything to help.

And this isn't the first time I have seen this.  I have had this reported to me on my site and basically that person just decided to "live with it" and just close it and continue.  We had tried a full QCleanUI and reinstall without being able to change it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • billjr
    billjr Member ✭✭
    Chris, I'm at the point where that's all I'm going to do now myself. Just click OK and go on. The other issue that just popped up today is on the 'register" where it shows the reminders at the bottom. It was working exactly the same as my QW 2010 until today. Now the reminder section takes up half the page. I went in and told it not to show any, but that didn't do anything either. So know I have to show my wife how to minimize the reminder section so it opens up the register enough for her to see and work on it. Gettin to old for this stuff, lol. Thanks for all your help. I'm actually going to try and uninstall and reinstall it tomorrow using that like you sent. Wish me luck, haha.
This discussion has been closed.