Vanguard 401k Fee Transactions Not Downloading Followup

I spoke to Vanguard and they indicated that they are unable to re-create the problem when downloading history from their website; their response was that since the download works via OFX from their website and not from within Quicken, I should speak to Quicken tech support

This is a followup to

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876863/vanguard-401k-fee-transactions-not-downloading

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jsurpless Even though the QFX file has the transactions, and it should be exactly what was sent by Vanguard when using Direct Connect, the real proof would be to look and see what is in the OFX log.  It is a log of what Vanguard actually sent.

Given that the fee transaction(s) are in there then that would point to a Quicken problem.  If they aren't there then that implies that Vanguard is generating the data is sends to Quicken differently and incorrectly when Direct Connect is being used.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  It might in fact be the right time to contact Quicken support and explain the situation so that they can get someone to look at the logs and determine where the fault lies.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    So I just called Quicken Support; they requested that I deactivate the Direct Connect on my 401k account and add a new account. Doing so resulted in downloading the investment expense transactions.

The rep then suggested that I use the new 401k account. I informed her that I couldn't do that since I had nearly 20 years of data in that existing 401k. She then informed me that this is why the transactions weren't downloading because only 5 years of data is supported!?!? I find this very hard to believe/accept.

Can anyone here help further?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jsurpless the rep is wrong, and should have instead collected the logs and escalated the problem to the group that can really look and and determine the problem.  It is total nonsense that there is a "number of years limit".  And that somehow that limit gets you "most of the transactions", but not the fee ones.

I'm going to throw in a mention of a moderator that maybe she can do something about getting the right attention.  @Quicken Anja can you please look into this?
    Signature:
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jsurpless,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you know if the support agent you spoke with provided you with a ticket number? If so, could you please provide that in a private message to me, please? If not, you can also provide the email address you provided the rep with and I should be able to find the ticket that way.

Being that the connection method used for this is Direct Connect, this will likely require an escalation ticket with Vanguard as Direct Connect does mean that it's the financial institution's server that is in use to download the transactions. However, I am happy to collect and review your logs for you to see if we can discover the root of the issue and the information Vanguard will need in order for them to create a proper ticket on their end to have it resolved.

Thank you @Chris_QPW for tagging and bringing this to my attention!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

Thank you for your reply - I'm happy to provide my email address but can't seem to figure out how to send a private message. Can you point in the right direction?

Thanks again
  • Quicken Anja
    edited July 2020
    If you click on my picture or name, it will take you to my profile. 

On the top-right of my profile, you should find an envelope that says Message next to it written in green. If you click on it, it will allow you to send me a private message.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

-Quicken Anja

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja  Another moderator pointed out that a person needs 101 points to send a private message.
    Signature:
  • Quicken Anja
    Chris_QPW said:
    @Quicken Anja  Another moderator pointed out that a person needs 101 points to send a private message.
    Thank you, I didn't notice right away he had fewer points than that.

@jsurpless I sent you a message. Let me know if you are unable to respond to it.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.