You have 1 online bill payment to send...

I've verified there are no bills with a "send" status in the account. How do I reset the flag so it does not prompt be to send (non-existent) bills? Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @srqaviator,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    Help > About Quicken

Also which flag are you referring to? Is there a screenshot you could provide?
    If your response won't allow you to attach a screenshot you can drag and drop the image to your response instead which will create a link for us to click on and enable us to view it within the web browser.

Have you checked Online Center to see if this online bill payment shows up in there by chance?
    Tools > Online Center

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your quick response.

I'm on version R25.21 (Year 2020, Build 27.1.25.21).

The flag I'm referring to is the white envelope with the blue circle in it (attached). It indicates I've bills to send although I have none. Thanks.
  • srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't answer the rest of your question. The offending bill was originally an orphan -- the bill was sent to Wells Fargo and paid. However, in my checking account it still showed as needing to be sent.

After reading online forums about others experiencing the same issue, I changed the transaction from "Send" to EFT. No luck. Even tried to delete the transaction but the flag on the account will not go away.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information.

Just to clarify-- were you able to get rid of the payment, yet the icon next to your account name remained or were you unable to remove the payment as well as the icon next to the account name?

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    The payment was paid in February, 2020 (amount properly deducted, which is what I wanted and all is well with my account register). But the icon lingers and so does the prompt to send a payment that doesn't exist.

So yes, I got rid of the payment by changing it from "Send" (although it was already sent) to EFT. The register is correct, I just need to get rid of the nag to send a non-existent payment. Thanks.
  • srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    This problem still persists. Is there any solution?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @srqaviator

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up resposne.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Do you still see the message and icon after completing this step?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    I did exactly as you suggested -- validated and repaired my data file. No luck. The data log did not find anything noteworthy. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
  • Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the exact same problem and it's been going on for months. I've run the validate and repair, I've run the Super Validate and Repair. Problem not fixed. How do we fix this problem?
  • srqaviator
    srqaviator Member ✭✭
    What frustrates is the lack of timely responses. If no solution exists, simply say so. Twice now I've replied to their suggestions and have heard nothing in response. Please don't ask your subscribing customers to work this hard to find a solution.
  • recmd48
    recmd48 Member
    I am also having the same problem. Has anybody found a solution?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @recmd48

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.