Zero Balance is not showing on printed invoice

When I create an invoice with a zero balance due, it displays fine on the screen as created and saved. But when I look at the Print Preview, and print it either physically to paper, or to PDF, The "Total" and "Balance Due" boxes are empty - blank - rather than showing "0.00"

Clearly the form is working correctly as the "0.00" shows up in both boxes on the screen display of the invoice as it is being created and saved, but they disappear in Print preview or actual printing.

Is this a known problem, and how can it be fixed?

I have managed a workaround by printing to PDF and then editing the PDF with Adobe Acrobat, but that is a PITA each time and surely not how it was intended!

Using Quicken Home, Business & Rental, 2020 (subscription), version R27.24, Build 27.1.27.24 (it updated today!)

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, even if the customer prepaid, an invoice should never be "Total $0.00". It should be the sum of the items purchased.
    "Balance Due" can be 0.00 if the customer prepaid and you already recorded the customer payment transaction.
    A customer payment transaction is NOT shown as a line item in the invoice.

Could I trouble you to create image snapshots of both the customer invoice dialog form and the printed invoice so we can see the problem you are reporting?
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In H&B, the "invoice" screen/report is analogous to your credit card receipt when you make a purchase.  It only shows the items involved in that particular purchase.
    The "Statement" screen/report is analogous to your monthly card statement, in that it shows your Invoices (AKA, Card Receipts) and your payments.   But the Statement doesn't show WHAT you purchase on those invoices.  Just as your card statement doesn't show if you bought baby food or beer.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• chrisonline2
    chrisonline2 Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay here, I'm new to this. OK so my terminology may be wrong. But let me clarify - we have people who owe regular fees, and may pay them piecemeal and carry a tab (or maybe even be in credit). I am not linking invoices specifically to accounts or categories, just using the template to free-format "invoices" - perhaps more correctly "statements". In other words (running down the page) - Opening balance b/f minus Payments made plus New fees due
    = Total, and Total Due. The numbers I enter in the final column add up correctly to give a Total, and Total Due, as long as it is not zero. But if it is zero, even though 0.00 displays correctly on the screen, it does not print, and the printed (paper or PDF) version shows those two boxes blank. Regardless of the purpose or structure of my "statement", that seems to be a bug - why would something that displays correctly on the screen, not print onto paper or PDF?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of how you're using the Invoice process of Quicken, I concur with you:
    • If the total invoice amount comes out to $0.00, the invoice's Subtotal, Total and Balance Due fields should never print as blank. It should print $0.00 with the appropriate account currency symbol.
    This is something we'll have to bring to the attention of the programmers.

• chrisonline2
    chrisonline2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I'm glad it's not me going mad or "User Error", LOL! How do we best flag this to Quicken? Is there a formal notification procedure?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I contacted Quicken and hope they'll respond soon.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I am also seeing the blank Total and Balance Due fields and have opened a ticket with our Development teams to investigate further.

Once a solution is found it will be included as part of a future product release.

Thank you again for reporting this issue and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the community may assist with.

Sarah

(CTP-906)
  • chrisonline2
    chrisonline2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sarah, I look forward to an update, as this is a monthly cycle thing for me!

> @UKR said:
    > I contacted Quicken and hope they'll respond soon.

@UKR - for future reference, by what means did you "contact Quicken"? Is there a formal reporting procedure?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@UKR - for future reference, by what means did you "contact Quicken"? Is there a formal reporting procedure?
    There's a procedure, available to Superusers only, to notify a Community Moderator. That typically gets the ball rolling.
    The only thing a customer can do is to either or both contact Quicken Support and start a Community discussion, giving us as much detail as possible. Screen image snapshots are very helpful in providing evidence of the problem.
    Additional information, e.g., log files, etc., can be submitted from within Quicken using Help / Report a Problem.

This discussion has been closed.