I want to cancel Quicken because it does not work

Options
I recently bought Quicken but it does not work. It does not show the correct transaction dates which makes it useless for me. I asked the community but no-one could answer. So, I want to take advantage of the 30-day refund. However, it seems there is no way to apply for this. It appears on the website, but if you go to "help" and click on "cancel" it sends you to "help" - in other words, an endless loop with no solution.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MPilott - To cancel your Quicken order you need to contact Quicken Support.  The options for contacting Quicken can be found in this support article:

How to Contact Quicken Support [Support Article]

But I am curious by what you mean that it does not show correct transaction dates.  I've used Quicken for many years and have found that it downloads transaction dates exactly as they are shown in the financial institutions' online accounts websites.  Could you explain more about what the issue is that you are seeing?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• MPilott
    MPilott Member
    Options
    Hi. I have tried "contact Quicken support" many times and it is impossible to get through. It just sends me back to Quicken Support. The Link "talk to support" returns me to the same page. I cannot find an email address or any means at all of contacting Quicken. I have replied to promotional emails sent to me with no response. I even went to the page featuring the CEO and other dignitaries, and on it was an email contact form, which I filled out. It gave an error message: "This website is not permitted to send messages". This forum is the only means I have of even asking a question. I don't think Quicken actually wants anyone to contact them.

The issue of transaction dates: instead of a transaction date it gives today's date - updating each time I open Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sounds like your browser might be set up to block popups.  That will stop the process so you can't see the information you are looking for.
    Here are two other ways to get the right phone number to call: 
    • Log in to your Quicken.com account and at the top right of your account page is the best number for you to call.
    • Open Quicken.  Click on Help and then click on My Quicken Account.  The phone number will be at the top right corner of the popup.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    So ... your other topic described that your bank didn't support Quicken,
    and it only offered QIF download,
    and you did that,
    but the transaction date was wrong -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Ah, so I understand now.  It's not a Quicken performance issue, it's that the bank isn't supported and because of that it doesn't meet his/her needs.  That's as good reason as any to seek a refund.

• MPilott
    MPilott Member
    Options
    That's correct. So now my main question: How do I get through to Quicken to ask for the cancellation?
  • MPilott
    MPilott Member
    Options
    My previous versions of Quicken, (up to version 2010) which I used from 2000 to now, worked fine.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    MPilott said:
    That's correct. So now my main question: How do I get through to Quicken to ask for the cancellation?
    See my post above.  I provided you with 2 ways to get the phone number to call.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• MPilott
    MPilott Member
    Options
    I'm in New Zealand, so the call would be expensive
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MPilott said:

This forum is for Q US and Canada.  If you're using that product in New Zealand, it was NEVER INTENDED to work with banks from your country.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    MPilott said:
    SO... I'm guessing your bank is also in New Zealand....
    and therefore why they don't support Quicken ...
    It would have been nice to have ALL this info up front -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    How about a "Quicken-like" product which support AU and NZ banks?

This discussion has been closed.