Can't import Quicken 2007 in Mojave

Oh no.
Freaking out.
I updated to Mojave to back up my ipads and iphone (which I hadn't done in over a year?-long story-sick mom with cancer)
I finally had to this weekend (mom in hospice now) to take pics etc and make phone work again so I could change outgoing voice mail greeting etc. and forgot that the reason I was delaying upgrading to Mojave is because I can't import my Quicken Mac 2007 files, yes?
If anyone can help me solve this, I'd appreciate it. I know I can't "un-upgrade" Mojave. I used quicken all these many many years only for checkbook/reconcile and quick reports for taxes, that's it! nothing else.
my records go back to 2013, but only need to go back as far as all of 2019 for taxes and of course this far into 2020.
I have had no time to deal with this because my mom is now in hospice with me here during Covid and I'm alone dealing with all this.
I can't lose my entire checkbook for last year up to now.
I am partially unemployed and with unemployment now (self-employed) struggling.
(I also can't afford/don't need a subscription, just a one time download purchase of quicken since I only need for checkbook and quickreports.)
Please help me if you are able. Thanks so much in advance.
Julie
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Rick
    Thank you thank you thank you for this, you have saved me hours and hours of time agonizing, googling trying to solve problem.
    I do have an external hard drive (but not double size I don't think, I'll check, from hard drive) and Time Machine, which is always up to date, so knew data was backed up there, but I really panicked when I saw all that stuff about 07/Mojave issues, and thought I couldn't import it to ANY new program, not just Quicken software. And no, definitely don't want to keep using 07 lol time for an upgrade, ya think? (It has been really wonky for a long time anyway.)
    And I'll do as you say and subscribe to Deluxe and just let it lapse; I'm just a self employed piano teacher here, my speciality is playing Mozart and Beethoven, not all this stuff. Like I said I need it for two things.
    Again, I am truly grateful for this easy solve (I assume it's easy to import 07 into Deluxe, ya?)
    It gives me more time with my mom.
    Julie

Answers

• jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    Poster here, I forgot to mention that I CAN run 2007 but it appears I can't back it up?
  • jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Rick
    Thank you thank you thank you for this, you have saved me hours and hours of time agonizing, googling trying to solve problem.
    I do have an external hard drive (but not double size I don't think, I'll check, from hard drive) and Time Machine, which is always up to date, so knew data was backed up there, but I really panicked when I saw all that stuff about 07/Mojave issues, and thought I couldn't import it to ANY new program, not just Quicken software. And no, definitely don't want to keep using 07 lol time for an upgrade, ya think? (It has been really wonky for a long time anyway.)
    And I'll do as you say and subscribe to Deluxe and just let it lapse; I'm just a self employed piano teacher here, my speciality is playing Mozart and Beethoven, not all this stuff. Like I said I need it for two things.
    Again, I am truly grateful for this easy solve (I assume it's easy to import 07 into Deluxe, ya?)
    It gives me more time with my mom.
    Julie
  • jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    oops looks like my first reply DID go through, so I typed a second thinking it had not. See?? off to teach my next student via Zoom. :/
  • jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    Ok, thanks.
    Too bad it's so different. Loved simplicity of 07. Go to Activities > QuickReports. That was it. But I will ask for help again for sure!
    Thanks for heads up on popups. And to look out for it at Staples. :)
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO said:
    Also be aware that if you don't renew, you will be getting popup reminders in the program about renewing....
    NOT ONLY pop reminders BUT ALSO 25% of your screen will be taken up with Quicken ad space...

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jcpiano
    jcpiano Member
    ok, thanks
This discussion has been closed.