Why are no amounts reflected in Investment Transaction Reports for ContribX and WithdrawX?

After a recent upgrade, Investment Transaction Reports no longer show an amount for ContribX and WithdrawX transactions.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that installing updates sometimes (not usually) changes some preferences and customizations.  This was quite noticeable for me when I updated to R28.18. 
    Given this and that ContribX and WithdrawX are transfer transactions, the first thing I would do is check the report customization popup on the Advanced tab.  Look to see if transfer transactions are excluded and, if so, change it to include transfers.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• pbarnes
    pbarnes Member ✭✭
    The issue you reference is different. The prior issue was that no values are shown in the amount invested column, and the fix was to show the cash or cash+invest column. That is what I've been doing for many years. Now, however, no amount is shown in any column for ContribX and WithdrawX transactions in the Investment Transactions report.
  • pbarnes
    pbarnes Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > I have noticed that installing updates sometimes (not usually) changes some preferences and customizations.  This was quite noticeable for me when I updated to R28.18. 
    > Given this and that ContribX and WithdrawX are transfer transactions, the first thing I would do is check the report customization popup on the Advanced tab.  Look to see if transfer transactions are excluded and, if so, change it to include transfers.

That might have been a reasonable suggestion if the problem was that the transactions were not listed at all in the report. But as I described, the problem is that no values are shown in any column for ContribX and WithdrawX transactions in the Investment Transactions report. In the Advanced tab Transfers dropdown, "include all" is the default setting and the other three settings all exclude some or all transfer transactions from the report, which is, as noted above, not the problem.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    pbarnes said:
    The issue you reference is different. The prior issue was that no values are shown in the amount invested column, and the fix was to show the cash or cash+invest column. That is what I've been doing for many years. Now, however, no amount is shown in any column for ContribX and WithdrawX transactions in the Investment Transactions report.
    The issue I referenced is not different.  Please read @Jim_Harman's comment:

In my experience, the amounts for ContribX and WithdrawX transactions only appear in the report for one of six of our accounts.
This discussion has been closed.