Portfolio-Value view shows Day Gain/Loss but no Price Day Change

Options
jdressel
jdressel Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Not all, but some of my mutual fund investments and Equity investments show a dollar value amount in the Day Gain/Loss column while the Price Day Change is blank. How can you have a Day Gain/loss on the same day that the price doesn't reflect a per share Price Day Change? If I select a prior date in the "As of" box and then return to the previously selected "As of" date the Price Day Change amount mysteriously shows up where it hadn't been displayed previously.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jdressel,

What you are describing is not normal behavior.  You are correct, that in the view you have selected if the price changes change, then the Price Day Change should not be blank. 

I cannot replicate what you are seeing, and I have searched here in the community but have not found this type of behavior being reported.  So I believe that you could try some file troubleshooting that is described here LINK, or contact Quicken Support for their assistance (they may even be able to do a screen share so they can see what you see) - here's that LINK.

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jdressel
    jdressel Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've attached an image of what I am talking about.....

Some investments, doesn't seem to matter what security type it is, show a Day Gain/Loss but the Price Day Change is blank. How can you have one without the other?
    image.png 1012.4K
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jdressel

The issue with the Price Day Change not updating has been around for some time and you have discovered the only known work-around. Please see this lengthy discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20016591

for more info.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jdressel
    jdressel Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > @jdressel
    >
    > The issue with the Price Day Change not updating has been around for some time and you have discovered the only known work-around. Please see this lengthy discussion
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20016591
    >
    > for more info.

Another work around that I have discovered is to change the "Quote/Price" of any one investment on the Portfolio view. Doing so will cause the Portfolio to re-populate the entire report, including adding all the missing "Price Day Change" fields.
  • The Real Dude
    Options
    I have the same problem. I respect this issue has been discussed in multiple threads. Does anyone know if there is any more recent information about an appropriate fix. I see the multiple work arounds, but would like a real fix to the issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @The Real Dude,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in August of 2020, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.