Implement the old style of electronic payments!

I am still having issues transitioning all my payments to use Quicken Bill Manager. The change to requiring that there be a biller web site is not going well. A number of my billers that I used to be able to pay electronically are now going through Check pay and the number of Check Pays available is not sufficient.

Why can't Quicken support the old model of electronic payments as well?

[removed-rant/violation of Community Guidelines]

Some examples of payees I used to be able to pay electronically are large firms like State Farm and CMS Medicare. [removed-speculation]

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jay_VW said:

Why can't Quicken support the old model of electronic payments as well?????

Because the service provider that they were using for Quicken Bill Pay is no longer providing this service.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jay_VW
    Jay_VW Member ✭✭
    I'm not saying go back to the old provider. I understand that is not an option.

What I am saying is use the same connection techniques to send electronic payments rather then (or in addition to) the new model, so that we users don't lose functionality we had before.....
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    You may continue using the online payee model you used with Quicken Bill Pay as well if you use the online payment services of one of the more than 500 financial institutions supporting online bill payment over the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jay_VW
    The new service provider doesn't provide the same services.  Yeah they might have tried to shoehorn the new system into the old process flow, but it would still have all the same problems it is having now, plus it would most likely "behave differently" in unexpected ways.

@Sherlock's suggestion is probably the best for those that are willing to switch to a financial institution that supports it.  It is actually the original process model.  Quicken Bill Pay was developed in a way that to the user it looks the same as the Direct Connect method.

If that is acceptable you could do what I do and reverse the problem where you have the vendors make automatic withdraws for the payments.  I arrange all that can to come out of a credit card that I gets cash back on, and for the few that don't, I have them withdraw from my checking account.  In that way all I have to do is make sure I have enough money in my checking account at the right times.

And there is also using your financial institution's website bill payment system.  That does mean entering bills twice once in Quicken as a reminder and once in the website bill system, but since most are scheduled it really is that much work, and it will work for all and be much more reliable.

I would probably go back to paying with a check then use the Quicken Bill Manager.
    I tried to use the Online Bills (bill presentment) for years, and it has never worked right for all my bills.  So I would hardly trust it for actually paying those bills.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hello @Jay_VW,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

If you are in need of more payments than what is currently available, please call Quicken Support directly. We may have some options that will work for you. ;) 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jay_VW
    Jay_VW Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just hate to put together a patchwork of payment approaches. It was a lot easier in the past to have everything flowing through a single approach.

Anja - I've been talking to Quicken support and not been given any options. I'll try again.
  • @Jay_VW I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.