State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Is anyone else experiencing One Step Update, OL-220-A errors with NC SECU this morning?

I'm running Quicken Deluxe R29.12 (27.1.29.12)

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue and are working on getting this resolved.  However, in order to assist the investigation while the issue remains ongoing, we are requesting that you please submit your log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem.

Alternatively, you can also contact 
    Quicken Support directly so our support agents can collect your log files.

The more log files we receive, the better, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! In the meantime, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates. 

Thank you.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @UNCLogans

I suggest that you review the guidance - and take the suggested steps - located HERE.  Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    No luck. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem before contacting the bank.
  • I am experiencing the same error.
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    I had this error last Saturday, September 26. On Monday and Tuesday, Sep 28 and 29, I was able to download again, so I thought it was a glitch. Today, Sep 30, I am once again receiving the OL-220-A error. If I recall, this happened a few months back and stayed a problem for several weeks until SECU returned to their previous security protocols. However, the bank stated it would NOT be a permanent change. If this error continues for a long period of time again, I will not renew my Quicken membership next year.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Still receiving the error this morning. Any insights into getting to SECU IT? The 888 number doesn't get you to the type of resource who can even understand the problem.
  • This same problem occurred a number of months back. SECU IT changed their security settings and that is what is causing it. To solve the problem, I had to switch to web connect from direct connect. SECU eventually backed out the security changes and things were fine again. I guess they are at it again.
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > Is anyone else experiencing One Step Update, OL-220-A errors with NC SECU this morning?
    >
    > I'm running Quicken Deluxe R29.12 (27.1.29.12)

Yep. Same problem.
  • Same issue, running Quicken Deluxe R29.12 (27.1.29.12)
  • Wilsona
    Wilsona Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue too. Unable to download as of yesterday. The last time I downloaded was 9/21/2020. When I called SECU they said to call Quicken. What a mess. Like others I will not renew if this problem isn't resolved. If the credit union changed their security protocol, it seems Quicken should adapt somehow.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Likewise. It hit on 9/21 and then resolved. And then started again yesterday. And as usual, the bank is pointing and Quicken and Quicken is pointing at the bank.
  • W.Scott
    W.Scott Member
    All working fine until 5.18.2 update, now I update (via direct downloads) and nothing happens. No error messages or anything.
  • Wilsona
    Wilsona Member ✭✭
    Update from SECU below. If you log into the SECU website you can choose the subject Quicken in their message center. I sent them a secure message with Quicken as the subject and asked about our problem. Below is the response from SECU.

Dear Member,

Thank you for your message. We are aware of an issue with Quicken at the moment. We are currently researching what could be causing this error to persist. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Hopefully we should have a fix for this issue soon. As always, thank you for your continuous support of the Credit Union.
  • Problem is fixed now for me.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the note. It is for me as well.
  • cf1950
    cf1950 Member ✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > Is anyone else experiencing One Step Update, OL-220-A errors with NC SECU this morning?
    >
    > I'm running Quicken Deluxe R29.12 (27.1.29.12)

I've been having the same problem for about 3 days. I'm running Quicken Deluxe R29.12 (27.1.29.12) as well. I called SECU using the toll-free number provided by Quicken and they were of no help at all (other than to tell me they've been hearing this particular error message complaint a lot). I'll try again tomorrow when they are open. I suggest we all call them (M-F 8:30A-5:30P Eastern Time) at 1-888-732-8562 and as for their "INTERNAL DEPARTMENT." Last time this happened, I strongly suggested that Quicken and SECU get their acts together and get on the same page because it's causing a LOT of problems for their customers.
  • cf1950
    cf1950 Member ✭✭
    > @Wilsona said:
    > Update from SECU below. If you log into the SECU website you can choose the subject Quicken in their message center. I sent them a secure message with Quicken as the subject and asked about our problem. Below is the response from SECU.
    >
    > Dear Member,
    >
    > Thank you for your message. We are aware of an issue with Quicken at the moment. We are currently researching what could be causing this error to persist. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Hopefully we should have a fix for this issue soon. As always, thank you for your continuous support of the Credit Union.

Thanks - I just did this.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    This error has returned as of this morning.
    Currently running Home, Business & Rental R31.12 (27.1.31.12)
  • This morning I tried to download my transaction from the N.C. State Employees Credit Union. I get an OL-220 error. This problem has happened in the past and it usually relates to the SECU IT staff monkeying around with their firewall settings. Anyone else seeing this problem today?
  • JKGrice623
    JKGrice623 Member ✭✭
    @UNCLogans yep - I started having the issue again yesterday.
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    I too ran into this problem today. I've rarely had a download problem with NCSECU, but also had OL-220A problems with my Vanguard accounts. Tried multiple times and failed each time. No problems with three other institutions. BTW, there's another discussion thread involving Vanguard connection problems.
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    The OL220 problem with Vanguard has been resolved, but I am still receiving an OL220 error when I try to update from NCSECU.
  • The problem seemed to be fixed this morning for me.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Interestingly, it was fixed for me earlier this morning, but is now again a problem.
  • Hum, same for me. It was fine about an hour and a half ago, but broken again.
  • jr-ei
    jr-ei Member
    For several days result from download from SECU-NC is simply "an error occurred". Other sites appear OK but one step update takes several minutes. The SECU error appears quickly however.
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem for the last couple of days.
  • lynnralnc
    lynnralnc Member ✭✭
    I am having this same issue. Anyone know a solution?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @UNCLogans

Are you receiving the same OL-220-A error as last Fall, or is there a new/different error code?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx, same error. Can't tell from the consumer vantage point whether it's due to the same root cause.

As of 8PM Eastern tonight I am no longer experiencing the error. But this was also the case last night, and then it hit us again this morning.

• jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    Update from NCSECU worked for me this morning. Don't know who fixed what, but I tried the refresh "Financial Institution Branding and Profile" approach and then the update worked.
This discussion has been closed.