When I split for a payment the value reverts to old payment

Just updated to R29.16. When trying to pay a bill I enter the amount with pay date. Then I hit split. When I hit split the value of the payment reverts to the old bill. This JUST started with a update done today. :# :#
Tagged:

Answers

• rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    As an update, the only way I can pay while using split is to enter the bill via the check register. Any other sequence using the online center reverts to the old bill both the split values and payment value. What a pain.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rgbsand

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

I have not been able to recreate this issue so far, so I need a bit more information to research this further.

To clarify, are you using the Bills and Income screen? Is this bill using QuickPay or CheckPay?

A screenshot of the incorrect amount may also be helpful.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    Tyka,

I use Quicken Deluxe version R29.16. I go to online center then payments. I select a current payee as I have always done. Enter the date of payment then payment amount. When I select payee the date and payment auto populates with last payment. In the past I have always updated as needed. No issues. After today's update I can no longer do this. I attempt to enter the new payment amount which is accepted until I then click on split. Once I click on split the prior payment information is then populated over what I just changed. I can update the split info with current information however that then reverts back once I click ok. I cannot over write any previous data once I select a payee. I will attempt to provide screen shots as requested.

Example only: select payee "American express split". it auto populates with say 9/5 for date and $500 for payment. This was last months payment. I change date to 10/15 and $700. I can click for example memo and new information remains. Once I click on split the date and $ revert back to the original information. I can only now use check register to enter new data as well as split and it will remain. I don't know yet if this is strictly associated with this payee or others as well.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rgbsand,

Thank you for providing additional details and I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Since you mentioned that this issue started after installing R29.16-- if you don't mind, could you please try reverting back to the previous release R29.12 to see if the issue persists or resolves in the previous release? You can download and install R29.12 from this link.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    Hi, sorry to take so long to reply. R29.12 has the same issue although again everything was working perfectly until .16. The issues persists. I can only enter via check register and not able to use online center.
  • rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    And it persists regardless of payee.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the update.

In that case, if you haven't already please navigate to Help > Check for updates and bring Quicken up-to-date to the latest release R29.22.

If the newest release does not resolve the issue for you, then I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) 
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    Attempted R29.22 and validated data. No change in response. The only other item I have now noticed is that when I select a payee. The old data shows up. Everything still happens as described before but what I noticed is that I cannot change the payment value until I change the date. The payment value is a dead cell but with date change it allows to be changed. Then when I go to split the payment if reverts to the old values.
  • rgbsand
    rgbsand Member ✭✭
    Both Validate and super validate showed no errors.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and consistently providing us with an update afterward.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.