Running Balance on Bills & Income calendar not correct

Options
Is there a reason why the running balance on the bills and income calendar is different than the full calendar? The full calendar balance is correct

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have Bills, Income and Transfers Reminders combined?  If not, click on the Gear icon above the calendar on the right and then click on Combine Bills, Income & Transfers.
    If you don't do this, the calendar view for the Bills tab will show balances after taking into account Bills but not Income and Transfers...but the full calendar takes all 3 into account.  So the solution is to combine Bills, Income and Transfers so it matches what is in the full calendar.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a reason why the running balance on the bills and income calendar is different than the full calendar? The full calendar balance is correct
    Yes, because the one on the Bills and Income calendar sucks, and they have never replaced it with a decent one like the full calendar or the ones on the Home tab.

It is considered a "partial calendar".  The main defect is that you can't pick what accounts are on it.  As such that balance is basically useless.  I doubt anyone wants a calendar balance the includes all of their investment accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The initial Calendar View matches the balance as if all accounts are selected.  To coerce the Calendar View to use the accounts selected in the Full Calendar, we need to have opened the Full Calendar.

This issue was discussed previously in: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875714/quicken-bill-manager
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    P.S. It also has bugs in the features it is suppose to support.

Notice the option @Boatnmaniac mentions is on:

Bills & Income calendar.  Notice that there is one withdraw, and look at the balance.

Now the full calendar:

I also notice another strange behavior (bug).

After I pulled up the full calendar a look at the Bills & Income calendar the balance changed.  So the full calendar selection of accounts does affect the Bills & Income calendar, but only after you bring up the full calendar.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I have experienced the same think, the full calendar affects the bills &income calendar
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a bug being logged on this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @John Wendt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit a report, please include the logs as well as a sanitized data file if comfortable doing so.

This report will not receive a response but will help to investigate this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I called this in to support and they took screen shots of the issue.
This discussion has been closed.