Quicken shows a message saying to Please Enter Your Password -

seatonj67
seatonj67 Member ✭✭
When I start to update my account, Quicken shows a message saying to Please Enter Your Password - even though I already entered the password and the password box is showing an entry.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @seatonj67

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include the name of the financial institution in question.

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    It’s still doing that. I have a picture of the message but I don't see any way to send it to you.
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    The connection type being used is Direct Connect.
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    The name of the financial institution is First Horizon Bank.
    The year and version of Quicken I'm using is 2020 and R29.20
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @seatonj67,

Thank you for providing the additional details, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

You can try providing the screenshot by dragging and dropping the image to your response if you do not have the option to attach it.

Also, do you receive the password prompt through One Step Update only or do you receive the prompt through Update Now from the gear icon on the top-right of the account register as well?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    Q: Also, do you receive the password prompt through One Step Update only or do you receive the prompt through Update Now from the gear icon on the top-right of the account register as well?

A: Both. One says One Step Update and the other says One Step Update (at the top-LEFT - I don't see any update button at the top-right).
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    I meant that the first one says Update Accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    The gear-icon is found in the top-right corner of the account register (see below).

The Update Now option is found in the dropdown menu that opens when you click on the gear-icon and allows you to do an individual update for accounts with the same financial institution instead of all financial institutions together.

-Quicken Anja

• seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    Per this image, I clicked on both gear icons and even click on the submenus but nothing says Update Now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Did you select an account to open first so you can view the transactions in the register? Once an account has been opened, you should find the gear on the top-right above the list of transactions next to a clock symbol.

I can't fully tell from your screenshot, but it seems like you might be on the Home page and not in an account register.

-Quicken Anja

• seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    Ok. I did that and the same things happens there, too. I went into the account register of a specific account and chose Update Now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you.

In that case, then next I suggest you try to reset the account connection. I do recommend saving a backup first (just in case) and then following steps 1, 2, and 4 in this support article. For step 4, follow the section titled To reset or repair the connectivity of an online account

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Per step 1, I choose Tools, Account List, then choose EDIT on Jim's checking. I enter his online banking password and choose the account number per the screenshot attached. Then, it says I must enter the password for his online banking account which I've already done.
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    Can I delete pictures I've uploaded to an earlier post?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    seatonj67 said:
    Can I delete pictures I've uploaded to an earlier post?
    There is a time frame in which a post can be edited, if you are past the time frame a moderator will need to remove/edit the content.

I have gone ahead and removed the images from the previous comment. If you would like additional images removed, please let me know which ones, and I will remove them.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    Per step 1, I choose Tools, Account List, then choose EDIT on Jim's checking. I enter his online banking password and choose the account number per the screenshot attached. Then, it says I must enter the password for his online banking account which I've already done.
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    So, I still have the same problem.
  • seatonj67
    seatonj67 Member ✭✭
    I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 64-bit in VMWare and also installed Quicken 2020 and I'm still getting the same problem. I'm getting tired of troubleshooting this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @seatonj67

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.