Has anyone found that ConEd E-bills no longer work and found a resolution?

For over 1 year, I have had two factor authentication on my ConEd account and ebills worked just fine. I recently updated my two factor authentication after getting a new mobile phone and the e-bills no longer update. When I try to refresh the biller, Quicken ask sme for a code, but it is unclear what code. When I try the code from Google authenticator it appears to work, but Quicken never finds my bill. I tried deleting and re-adding the coned bill (I have 2 ConEd bills), but I can't get past the authentication process. Quicken asks for the mobile number associated with the ConEd account, but it's not recognized. I've searched the ConEd and Quicken sites for guidance, but haven't found any.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Scott Zucker

Thank you for the response, I have checked the report on the biller, and this the message from our service provider.

We are currently experiencing issues syncing ConEdison accounts at this time. I'm afraid that we don't have an ETA on a resolution for this, but I can assure you that this is currently a priority for our development team.

This bill will need to be tracked manually, for the time being, I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Scott Zucker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, I recommend Validating Online billers. To do so, please, navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scott Zucker
    Scott Zucker Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken for Windows R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22. When I validated the billers Quicken determined that my ConEdison bills and Capital One Credit card bill had incomplete setups with local information that was not on the server. Quicken then deleted those online billers.

I attempted to add the ConEdison bills. I entered my user name and password. A dialogue box opened indicating that Quicken needs the identification code delivered 1-800-752-6633 (the ConEd customer service number). It's not clear what this code is. ConEd customer service has no idea. I tried entering the code from Google authenticator that I use to access my ConEd account. It didn't work.

The message I received back indicates trouble contacting ConEdison because they are reporting that your account is locked, suspended, or needs you to provide some additional information. It has to be the need for additional information. I can log into my ConEdison account just fine when I go to their website. The account is accessible and active.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Scott Zucker

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for the ConEd and have reported this biller.

Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update the bill once more and let me know if you still do not receive a code via text to enable the account.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scott Zucker
    Scott Zucker Member ✭✭
    I waited until today to try updating the biller. I did not receive a code via text. I tried entering a code from the authentication app and received a message that it was waiting for the next bill. When I validated billers, I received the message that there was a biller on the server that was not setup locally or was incomplete.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Scott Zucker

Thank you for the response, I have checked the report on the biller, and this the message from our service provider.

We are currently experiencing issues syncing ConEdison accounts at this time. I'm afraid that we don't have an ETA on a resolution for this, but I can assure you that this is currently a priority for our development team.

This bill will need to be tracked manually, for the time being, I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.