Why have all my online payee lead times been set to 0?

I am using Quicken Windows version R.29.22 with Bank of America direct connection. Recently (within the past 2 weeks) the lead time for all of my online payees has been set to 0. If I go directly to Bank of America's Bill Pay page on their web portal, it still shows appropriate lead times for each payee. Is this a Quicken bug or some issue where Bank of America is sending Quicken bad lead times? I can work around this, but it is annoying, as Bank of America will reject a requested payment from Quicken if the pay date is too soon, but now Quicken believes that all payments can be made immediately.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mwinslett82,

Thank you for providing additional information, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mwinslett82

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have a few additional questions to help me understand what could be happening.

First, please navigate to Tools > Account List and choose "Edit" next to the Bank of America account. Please choose "Online Servies" under the "Online Bill Payment" section, does this section state that Bank of America is an online payment method?

I ask because Quicken Bill Manager sends payments immediately and I'm curious if this is now set up instead.

Last, please provide where you are sending this payment from, the register, or the Bills & Income screen.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thank you very much for your response. I have confirmed that Bank of America is my online payment method; I have never used Quicken Bill Manager. I am sending these payments from the register.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mwinslett82,

Thank you for providing additional information, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.