Tiny fractional shares have arisen in Portfolio View

Options
I have tiny positive fractional shares that have arisen in Portfolio View from accounts that are now closed. Can I change to the "sell all" command in the responsible tranactions to eliminate these tiny shares in these closed accounts. If this is not possible, can I open a new "Leftover Account" and transfer these shares into it?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, you should be able to get rid of the fractional shares by changing the final transaction to Sell All. Be sure to accept Quicken's proposal to let it re-compute the selling share price.

Note however that this may not work if any previous sales resulted in a negative number of shares.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @vitreous - I agree with @Jim_Harman .  Before you attempt doing this, be sure to back up your data file in case something goes wrong or you don't like the results.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's worth this isn't really a bug. Customers have been requesting to have the number of digits after the decimal point increased for quite a while. In recent patches they changed it to increase and so values that would have been rounded off with less digits are now not rounded and show up.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/