Update of security prices in Portfolio View vs Security Detail price update

marquedat
marquedat Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I've been a Quicken user since the DOS days. I continually have an ongoing problem with stock price updates.

I have my portfolio view set-up with following columns: Name, ticker, quote/price, shares, market value, cost basis, gain/loss, gain/loss %, day gain/loss, price day change, price day change %, 52-wk range.

On most days when I open Quicken and hit the update button there will be values missing in the price day change and price day change % columns. but the day gain/loss will always be correctly shown.

I can go to the security detail view for a stock that didn't update in those two (2) columns and hit the update button and return to my portfolio view and that stock will now have values in price day change and price day change % columns, but some other stock will now be missing info in those two (2) columns.

Why won't all columns update?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @marquedat

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • marquedat
    marquedat Member ✭✭
    Ran the Validate & Repair tool. Had a few minor errors, but none with the funds or stocks that didn't update in price day change and price day change % columns. I had 6 positions on Nov 6 that when I updated showed a loss for the day that didn't show the price change or price change %. I do know I'm doing nothing on my end to cause these omissions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello @marquedat,

Thank you for trying the steps provided by Quicken_Tyka and providing us with an update, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Next, I suggest that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating again in the copied file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marquedat
    marquedat Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks Jim,
    Your right, going back a day or two gets the day change to update. And, the ones not updating were new purchases in 2020.

[Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]